Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a pretty fun game someone did on another forum and it seemed to get a lot of traffic. Basically, it's like this. You get to pick a primary weapon, a backup weapon, a vehicle and one (1) other person to go with you. IIRC, details were like this:
1. No fictional items or people. Everything must exist at this current time.
A. Just because you don't have access to it doesn't mean you can't have it. If it exists, it's yours.

2. Things to keep in mind include the following:
A. Ammo availability for weapons.
B. Do you want to repopulate earth or survive and let someone else worry about that?
C. Fuel availability and range of vehicle.

3. Zombies are your typical somewhat slow zombie. Not the track star zombies of Dawn of the Dead.

4. The only way to kill them is destroying the brain. Again, typical zombie.

5. Think about everything encompassing your choices. Everyone would love to have a Barrett but do you want to carry a heavy ass gun all day or would you rather have a light and tidy AR?

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Been wondering same thing. All firearms would have to be large caliber and semi auto with large mags. Was thinking like a 30-06 those seem to be popular with the hunting crowd so lots of ammo? Want scope and silencer. Side arm 9mm min most likely a .45. I want all to be one shot one kill. Truck would be 4x4 suv gas. 4x4 to not get stuck, and suv to hold lotsa shit. Would most likely want a minority to go with me cuz they are the first to "get" it all the time. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
687 Posts
I prefer AR15 in .223 as ammo is plentiful. The gun has medium range capabilities and can get with it in a close battle with lots of zombies. Not to mention that it has a large mag capacity. My backup would be a wooden baseball bat as it never needs reloaded and doesn't make the noise an aluminum would when crushing a skull. (Gotta keep my ninja skills sharp...LOL)

I would prefer a light duty diesel truck preferably something like a Silverado 2500 crew cab. It would give me off-road capability, the ability to tow or push things off the road out of my way, and you can use a variety of stuff to power it. It can also tow a camper and could be lightly armored. Remember during the apocalypse gas refineries will go down and then you are limited to what you can scavenge out of tanks. A diesel vehicle can run on old motor oil, french fry grease, kero, jet A from airport tanks, etc. Fuel range would be hurt but you could carry an extended tank in the bed of a truck.

I would probably be in survival mode first until the initial outbreak settled down. I would definitely take my buddy Chris as together he and I can fix all kinds of stuff, he can weld really well, and can design all sort of things. Together we also good at handling firearms, hunting and fishing. There isn't much I don't think we couldn't handle.

I would try and head out near NV or any hydro electric power facility as I have researched and found that those areas supplied by hydro power will be the longest lasting on the power grid.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I would have a short barreled ar15 , with a eotech holo sight for a primary, and a nice compound or crossbow as a backup. Driving a mercedes unimog expedition camper and a nice seat cover say Kari Byron form mythbusters! I'd go anywhere secluded were you can hunt farm an kill in peice

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree 100% on the AR. 5.56/.223 is easy to find, light, you can pack a shit ton of it, and it'll get the job done. I never considered the crossbow or bat idea but I like it. On the other hand, a good vehicle will do more than a bat while also not putting you in harm's way. Remember, survivors, all you have to do is sever the spinal cord or cease brain power. You don't need skull crushing firearm power. If you want it, so be it but it's not needed.

·
I am The Dentist
50,953 Posts
Remember, all the car dealerships are going to be abandoned, and they've all got the keys there.
First, we'd take the group to the local JEEP dealer and everyone would get a brand new 4-door Jeep. We'd raid the parts and accessories counter for Winches and install accordingly.

I'd also get an electric fuel pump off the parts shelf and a few feet of rubber hose, and I can now siphon the gas out of every vehicle on the road I come in contact with--or get the couple gallons out of every vehicle on the dealer lot... EVERY dealer lot from coast-to-coast.

Every police car we come across would be stripped of shot gun holder, and each of our Jeeps would be equipped with a 20-gauge pump riot shotgun with buck shot: full magazine, and a sleeve on the stock to hold 6 or 8 more rounds.
Each door of the Jeeps would be equipped with a holster for a .40, and clips would also be in holders on the doors.

Cut a hatch in the top of the Jeep, like to top turret of a HUMVEE if you want. Probably would, for the front and rear vehicle in the convoy.

Each Jeep equipped with CB radio, and at least one equipped with a portable HAM radio.

One cube van would be in the group, to hold all our groceries.
Raid the local library for any survival guides, DIY medical guides, and HAM radio guides.

Personal carry: First, a trip to the mall for leather duds... Biker jacket and leather pants, just in case a zombie gets a hold of me, he's gotta bite through the leather first.
.40 Glock, Remington 870 pump riot gun, and a marine K-Bar. Maybe a machette instead of the K-bar... but they're awkward. Remember--all it takes is one bearing from the 00 buckshot to shut them down, so buckshot is the best bet.

Everyone in the group would also have an AR for long-range work, and shooting deer for food.

Here's why the 20ga instead of the 12: smaller ammo, lighter gun, less recoil: can store more ammo in a given place than the 12ga, and all the women in the group can handle the .20.
Everyone gets the .40 Glock, so when we raid all the sporting goods stores, we can stock up on one kind of ammo, and share ammo across the whole group.

Now, where to live?
Lots of choices here...
a prison would be safe--could turn the yard into a huge garden for long-term. Power generators on site, several lines of defense in case zombies or rogue humans get inside the perimeter.

Any kind of campus, farm, estate or institution with a fenced perimeter. Schools would also be good.

An island. Swim for it, bitches!

A small rural town with a small population: roll in, and start clearing the town. a small group perched on the rooftops could clear 3-5K zombies in a few days... slow-moving targets, just keep shooting and calling them in. Just make sure you've got about 10K rounds of ammo, and several people guarding the shooters so there's no surprises.

It'd take a couple weeks to completely clear the town, but once it's cleared, you're set. Then find the municipal garage and get every back-hoe in the city, and dig a ditch around the town. It'd take a week or two, but it could be done. The pioneers built forts out of logs pretty damn quick.

A BRINKS armored truck would be my vehicle of choice if it was just me and the family.

-Brad
(ps: I don't have a radio in my truck, and take a LOT of road trips, so after The Walking Dead and other zombie movies, me and Boy Wonder have given this some discussion)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Primary weapon: M4A1

Secondary weapon: shotgun

Transportation: http://youtu.be/cDoRmT0iRic The Marauder

Person to accompany: "Alice Abernathy"
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Procreation and previous work experience

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I'd take Chuck Norris and a Chair.

The Chair would be so I'd have a front row seat to watching Chuck whoop-up on those Zombies ! :p

·
I am The Dentist
50,953 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts

1 - 20 of 34 Posts