Yellow Bullet Forums banner

YSI VS NOVI 2500

7K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  paxtonpwr 
#1 ·
YSI VS NOVI 2500 on 330ci motor

#5 ·
in theory, the novi 2500 should be a more powerful blower then the YSi... it's consider a YSi on steroids..

#8 ·
Real data seems vague, but does tend to favour the YSi. Although it seems to be the Novi 2500 is the same impeller with a different volute ?

The two units do not fit the same brackets as far as I am aware. And Paxton seem to rate a lower max rpm for the 2500 compared to the YSi.

It's a pity sales data and real world data are often very different. Sure the F1-X seems to be rated at 1300hp too.

It makes deciding very difficult.

#9 ·
I was considering making the switch-but after talking to one of premier Vette shops who's bread and butter is the Paxton Novi's-I'll keep my YSi.

The question was "should I ditch my YSi for the Novi 2500", the answer-"no".

They have compared the YSi vs Novi 2500 and YSi came out up top!

#18 ·
YSi- the novi 2500 cannot be overspun like the YSi, its max rated is really its max rated if you want it to stay together also the novi2500 might be going away soon.

#20 ·
Cases, internals, the question what is the same is better and that would be ID and OD hose sizes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.