Registered
2,126 Posts
NOVI 2500 = Black data

YSi = Red data

Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
in theory, the novi 2500 should be a more powerful blower then the YSi... it's consider a YSi on steroids..

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Real data seems vague, but does tend to favour the YSi. Although it seems to be the Novi 2500 is the same impeller with a different volute ?

The two units do not fit the same brackets as far as I am aware. And Paxton seem to rate a lower max rpm for the 2500 compared to the YSi.

It's a pity sales data and real world data are often very different. Sure the F1-X seems to be rated at 1300hp too.

It makes deciding very difficult.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I was considering making the switch-but after talking to one of premier Vette shops who's bread and butter is the Paxton Novi's-I'll keep my YSi.

The question was "should I ditch my YSi for the Novi 2500", the answer-"no".

They have compared the YSi vs Novi 2500 and YSi came out up top!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I was considering making the switch-but after talking to one of premier Vette shops who's bread and butter is the Paxton Novi's-I'll keep my YSi.

The question was "should I ditch my YSi for the Novi 2500", the answer-"no".

They have compared the YSi vs Novi 2500 and YSi came out up top!
just curious, what did they have to say about the novi?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
in theory, the novi 2500 should be a more powerful blower then the YSi... it's consider a YSi on steroids..

.....Then again, in theory (and in published literature) the YSi has a max impeller speed of 65,000RPM, eh' Bob? :-D

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
.....Then again, in theory (and in published literature) the YSi has a max impeller speed of 65,000RPM, eh' Bob? :-D
:smt082:smt082:smt082

·
ALL OUT
1,931 Posts
YSi- the novi 2500 cannot be overspun like the YSi, its max rated is really its max rated if you want it to stay together also the novi2500 might be going away soon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.