Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
12,642 Posts
It would be a real shame if Ford, or for that matter, any of the Big Three no longer existed.
Hell yes it would. Not good at all. I worked the last 30 years of my career in manufacturing, it’s damn important for this country to maintain a strong manufacturing base.

·
A Fine Example For Others
36,577 Posts
Hey wait a minute.......maybe Ford really is in trouble. I mean who in their right mind spends 3.4 million on a 68 Mustang? I know who spends 3.4 million, the guy who knows Ford is going down and he wanted to get his Mono Lisa, that's who.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Well the guy writes the article like the F150 is powered by a dual quad 460 and if it was, yeah, they'd be fucked if gas prices shot up. but it isn't and I guess that explains the TT V6's in it now. Does it get better MPG than a V8? No, and that doesn't seem to matter with the average mouth breathing buyer. They also have locked in a deal with Rivian to make an all electric F150, so that's a good hedge, I guess, if you want a full electric and I assume most don't so they'll just keep buying the ecoboost one, recession or not.

Getting rid of cars doesn't matter because all the vehicles that replaced them are just jacked up cars with SUV bodies on them that get the same gas mileage anyways - and sell for more $$$$$.

·
Registered
12,642 Posts
the Bronco could be winner if it has true retro styling. If it looks like something other than that then it’s a flop.
Jeep SOOOO owns that market! Can’t blame someone for going after it though...

·
47,163 Posts

·
Mother Hen
48,774 Posts
The answer is none!! Lol
I did. I don't really care, but if they are hit, they will file bankruptcy and try to restructure. You aren't going to stop people from buying trucks, even when they are gas hogs. If Iran tries to blockade the strait, Iran will most likely get a rude awakening, because the rest of the world won't let that happen for long.

Ford blew it. They own one of the most iconic cars in the Mustang, but they have failed to translate that into sales. They spend time and money developing things most people can't afford and fail to concentrate on what should be their bread and butter.

They need to dump the dead weight. Brands that have no recognition and ones that are priced out of the general market need to go. They are going to have to bare bones it and get back on track.

·
Registered
12,642 Posts
I did. I don't really care, but if they are hit, they will file bankruptcy and try to restructure. You aren't going to stop people from buying trucks, even when they are gas hogs. If Iran tries to blockade the strait, Iran will most likely get a rude awakening, because the rest of the world won't let that happen for long.

Ford blew it. They own one of the most iconic cars in the Mustang, but they have failed to translate that into sales. They spend time and money developing things most people can't afford and fail to concentrate on what should be their bread and butter.

They need to dump the dead weight. Brands that have no recognition and ones that are priced out of the general market need to go. They are going to have to bare bones it and get back on track.
ummmm.....the Mustang lead it’s class in sales (sports coupe)

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
the Bronco could be winner if it has true retro styling. If it looks like something other than that then it’s a flop.
Jeep SOOOO owns that market! Can’t blame someone for going after it though...
Yes but Toyota tried and failed with the FJ cruiser (of which are skyrocketing in value now) when the Jeep wrangler wasn't anywhere near as good as it is now.

05 Wrangler interior

20 Wrangler interior

·
Mother Hen
48,774 Posts
ummmm.....the Mustang lead it’s class in sales (sports coupe)
They have an iconic brand, but cannot translate that into enough sales to keep them in the black. The question is why? Why are they wasting money creating something like the GT, which is nothing but a show pony? Spend that money to develop something awesome that people can actually afford. Why do trucks cost sixty and seventy thousand dollars?

·
Registered
12,642 Posts
Yes but Toyota tried and failed with the FJ cruiser (of which are skyrocketing in value now) when the Jeep wrangler wasn't anywhere near as good as it is now.

05 Wrangler interior

20 Wrangler interior

The FJ was weird looking, that killed it. Goes back to what the New Bronco will look like. Needs to be first gen 66-7x? styling.

·
Registered
12,642 Posts
They have an iconic brand, but cannot translate that into enough sales to keep them in the black. The question is why? Why are they wasting money creating something like the GT, which is nothing but a show pony? Spend that money to develop something awesome that people can actually afford. Why do trucks cost sixty and seventy thousand dollars?
The GT is a flagship halo car. It exists to put on a podium to garner interest.......buyers of lesser models. A marketing effort. Fairly low cost to Ford as it’s already a Mustang, compared to say what the Viper cost Dodge back in the day.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts