Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to start laying the ground work for a new procharger motor and hope to increase my knowledge on this subject. My chassis is a moly dbl frame rail door car, 33x17 tires, weight with driver under 2500lbs. I'd like to run some local quick 8 deals that would require 4.60-4.80 et's. What's your thoughts on displacement considering the cost of an aftermarket shortblock is about the same over a couple hundred cid range? Thanks for your feed back, bert

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply! So a smaller inch engine is the ticket? What kind of rpm would you spin one up to? Aluminum rod motor or billit steel? Thanks again!

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Thanks for the reply! So a smaller inch engine is the ticket? What kind of rpm would you spin one up to? Aluminum rod motor or billit steel? Thanks again!
It's a solid combo, especially with a blower you don't need a bunch of stroke because you don't want that big arm swinging around.
We like to run 4"-4.250" max on a blower motor. And with a 4.500 bore you get a nice size bore to let the heads breathe.
We are in the process of building a 4.600 bore motor now with a 4" arm to kind of test a theory.
But we have made about 2500hp in our '57 Chevy with a 525.
I would run a billet rod, with a good Diamond piston with thick skirts.
If you are interested shoot me a PM and we can get you a quote on some stuff.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I am also a big fan of the 4 inch stroke even though most of what I build is 4.25 540 is just a great combo for boost.

the kind of power you want to make is a easy deal and I have proven engine builder kits all laid outor do complete engines.

But in general i would set you up with a 540 (since you have a big tire car) nice easy F3 135 or a 139 conventional head will work fine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts