Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was invited to audition as a food judge on a new TV show that will start airing in a few months. I audition on the 19th. My problem is being a basic honest person, I'm a terrible actor and liar. As you know, most "cooking contests" are scripted. We will see. Still cool to at least get the chance and get a better prospective on what really goes on behind the scenes. Guessing I will have to sign some type of non-disclosure.

Denny

·
Registered
53,986 Posts
Was invited to audition as a food judge on a new TV show that will start airing in a few months. I audition on the 19th. My problem is being a basic honest person, I'm a terrible actor and liar. As you know, most "cooking contests" are scripted. We will see. Still cool to at least get the chance and get a better prospective on what really goes on behind the scenes. Guessing I will have to sign some type of non-disclosure.

Denny
A good friend of my son's won a Chopped contest. He told us long after that he pretty much did and said what he wanted without interference.

This is the guy- http://www.tavernadibacco.com/chopped

In addition to being a great chef, Maurizio is a great father and friend. He "adopted" my 18 year old son when he first moved to NYC and lived above the restaurant. Wonderful person.

·
Registered
16,122 Posts

Denny
That would be cool as fuck! You still gonna talk to me when I come to Texas??
:p

·
Registered
585 Posts
well Denny that's great . you do have a fantastic knowledge of ways to cook our foods . I have used numerous recipes and ideas from you . thanks

·
Registered
16,122 Posts

·
Registered
16,122 Posts
Denny, fuck off, you want more [gun control].
Denny is a good guy and a good cook, not sure what that has to do with anything.:confused:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Back at the ranch...…………..

Just got a packet in the mail and this is getting complicated. They want me to take a class on the 17th in Dallas on how to judge. Audition on the 19th. The actual competition is in Port Aransas (near Corpus) on Oct 3rd for the Texas World Food Championship qualifier to go on to regional, then national which l I believe is in Las Vegas. Need to make a couple of phone calls to get some more details. Stuff happens. Sounded good at first. We will see.

Denny

1 - 20 of 53 Posts