Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
15,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is the canopy now popping up on fuel cars when they seemed to not work or be popular many years ago? Now, before you're quick to give me shit...consider this. I don't care much for, nor follow NHRA for over a decade. In fact this question comes because I'm just now this very morning watching the Finals I recorded weeks ago. I'm pretty much watching it in FF just to clear it off the DVR. Aaaaaand, GO!:p

·
Registered
15,123 Posts
The whole idea of what looks like a fighter plane I like alot.Can you just imagine what it is like at 300 mph without one?.

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
Actually part of an enclosed cockpit system. Sort of a cocoon in the event of a crash. They started using something similar on Fuel Drag Boats years ago and they have saved many lives. Prior to that, when a fuel boat flipped, chance of survival was similar to a plane crash.

·
Banned
15,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Actually part of an enclosed cockpit system. Sort of a cocoon in the event of a crash. They started using something similar on Fuel Drag Boats years ago and they have saved many lives. Prior to that, when a fuel boat flipped, chance of survival was similar to a plane crash.
On race boats the cocoon has flotation and oxygen for underwater survival. I don't see the parallel for a dragster.:confused:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.