Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family is searching for a dragster that my Dad and his friend (Jim Fackeldey and Steve Krachum) built in 1965.
The dragster went through some changes and ultimately became 'Yipes Stripes'. We would appreciate if we could be able to locate this dragster. It has been a needle in the haystack for sure. It was run in several different tracks, Cordova, Neita Raceway, etc. Top Fuel. Jerry Saar heard of it and purchased it in 1967, there are pics on the web of when he had it. I have contacted Jerry and he doesn't know what happened to it.
We started a facebook page to help document our search, and there are some pics there.
https://www.facebook.com/YipesStripesWhereAreYou/timeline
I realize that much time has passed, but we cross our fingers that someone has it stuck in a garage somewhere....(one can always have hope, right?).

I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong area of the forum. Just hoping someone out there sees this and has our next lead.

·
Registered
31,712 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^Back in the Day!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
31,712 Posts
Hope you find it!!! Great time to have been Racing!!! I know,,, and MISS-IT!;)

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
TOBT and keep bumping the thread if it falls back a page or 2 ... ... ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guess I need to reword it, or I didn't click the right button or something cause it hasn't shown up there. I'll try again tomoro. :neutral:

·
Registered
31,712 Posts
:supz:Bump

·
Registered
407 Posts
I remember when Jerry had it, he raced it at Kahoka Dragway. Good luck in the search!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I remember when Jerry had it, he raced it at Kahoka Dragway. Good luck in the search!
oh wow, that is so exiting!! how I wish I could remember it....I was too young!

I tried to link a pic from photobucket, but my photobucket hates me right now. cant get the dang thing to log me in. grrrr

·
Registered
407 Posts
I used to have a photo of it when Jerry owned it but a friend "borrowed" it for an event and I never got it back.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I posted the pic in a Quad Cities area racing group on Facebook. Best of luck finding a piece of history.
Thanks so much for the help! We are grateful. :cool:
Looks like my post got added to the TOBT section too. Yay!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts