Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A letter of intent has been signed to purchase TRP. Looks like APAC has bought it to turn into a rock Quarry. It's a sad day for racers in Tulsa. Last race will be October 23rd.

·
BigDad T-shirts available
7,455 Posts
Thats too bad, I liked running there ..nice track :(

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
BREAK DOWN FOR THE SIMPLE 1

NO CASH HAS CHANGED HANDS YET

MR MARTIN IS TRYING TO LEASE THE TRACK FROM APAC

BUT I AM SURE ITS GOING TO BE TURNED INTO A ROCK PIT FOR APAC

CLEAR ENOUGH !!!!!!!!!!!!

Much better! Should have wrote that the first time.

·
Rentfreeforteamsissy
45,144 Posts
Denise Administrator

TRP Retiree (pension running out)

Re: I hear the track got sold today « Reply #50 on: Today at 03:36:42 PM »

I have been reading all of the comments posted by everyone, some good and some bad, and I'm sad. I think everyone has a right to be upset and saddened at the news regarding the track. However, only Dan is responsible for the track, good or bad. How can any of us expect him to keep something going that doesn't do him or his family any good? How selfish are we that we're upset to lose something we love, while Dan is losing something too? Dan should not have to lose money year after year and listen to all the negative comments about how he's doing it wrong, just to keep the racing public happy. Actually, we should all thank Dan for giving us the extra years that Tulsa Raceway Park has provided. Have you even considered the fact that if Dan wouldn't have bought the track when he did that this would have happened sooner? Bo was ready to sell, Dan just happened to be the one that was there at the right time.

There have been a lot of good people put in a lot of their valuable time to make TRP work. To blame the sell on bad management, give me a break. There are those that know what goes on behind the scenes and those who like to think they do. Some tracks are very successful and others are not. It's not all on who manages the track, there's a lot more to it.

As much as it saddens me to lose the track forever, it saddens me more that a lot of you seem to think that Dan came about his decision lightly. If Dan could afford to lose money year after year, there is no doubt in my mind that he'd keep TRP going. Dan loves drag racing just as much as the rest of us but he needs to look out for himself and his family first. I can't imagine that if you were in Dan's shoes, you wouldn't so the same if it came right down to it.

I'm sorry to hear of the news of the track. But I'm not mad, just a little sad. Sad knowing TRP will only be a memory for us all now. I am thankful for the years it's been open, thankful I was allowed to work at something I truly loved and thankful for all the friends I've made.

Denise

·
J&E POWER!!
4,965 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
And the point of posting my comment on this forum was?
That's what he does. They (him and his wife) do this shit all day in hopes to make themselves look like something other then what they truely are!!! But god forbide you "quote", "repeat", or post anything about them. All hell breaks loose and hell reins down....

Ignore the response that will appear in 3....2.....1.....

1 - 20 of 82 Posts