Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys/Gals lets please keep this constructive. Today I was thinking a lot about the NSCA and where it might end up. I have to be honest and say it will benefit no one if this organization dies off. Actually it gives us one less place to race. What do you think would turn this series around for the racer and/or spectator. I have put what my feelings that would help out..

Spectators
  • 1 day event
  • Reduce entry fee to say $15.00
  • Less downtime between rounds (which would happen if this was a one day event]
  • A format to bring some grudge racing on
  • Spread the ET classes apart so we don’t see 6.50-7.00-7.50-8.0 etc etc back to back
  • 2 Qualifiers and get the show on the road
  • On the fly video results as I have been doing with Milan
  • Picture next to the qualifying ladders done by no other than Kelly Pelrine
  • A car show with Jimmy Biggs and Ray 7DMACH1
  • Less classes
Racers
  • Stability with rules for 3 years
  • No favoritism for any one racer!! Live or die by the rules in the book
  • Look after contingent sponsors so they pay the racers on time
  • Enter on free race if you hit 7 or 8 races + gathering points
  • Give the racers more coverage rather than a select few
Again please keep this constructive.. Thanks guys/gals..

·
Class Wrecker!!!
2,351 Posts
Monty Mikho said:
[*]Look after contingent sponsors so they pay the racers on time

The contingency problem is with nsca, I have called the ones that haven't paid and was told that they are not signed up and have told nsca (PB) to have them removed from the list.... :roll:

·
God Bless America
10,615 Posts
I've supported the NMCA NSCA since the Late 80's.

Can't Travel as much the last two years because of Health, but I'm getting stronger every month. and it has brought the whole Team Down. I glad Dennis K. (Shark Owner)got a chance to get out to Stanton this week to see a Great Race.

2006 will be Different.

Tony Depillo, Rob Barnes have never done me Wrong.

When there was a low between rounds I set would up a Match Race.

Thanks Fellows We'll be Back in Force.

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jim Monson, only time will tell but it would be a very good thing if this thing was to turn around. Wouldn't everyone agree? I think Ray could be a huge help with a car show thing. Obviously he has it down to a science and knows how to get cars and spectators there. How about a support the troops show at one of these events?

Also would like to hear from spectators on what they want to see.. Speak up damit!! :D

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
This is a tough one to fix. From a racers standpoint, the traveling series can't be easy to afford and making it a 3 day show adds more to the expense. I have wanted to run at Cecil which is my areas local event, but I refuse to pay $125 entry fee plus another $75 membership fee just to be part of a "big show". Part of the success of this series is getting local racers involved and with the current entry fees, I can't see many locals paying those prices. Not when you can race in smaller local series for $35-75 entry.

From a spectators view, the large number of classes creates confusion. I'd say they need to get down to 6 classes maximum, 5 if you can do it reasonably. Affordable entry fee for the spectator is vital as well. Can you buy a one day spectator ticket, or are you forced to pay for a weekend pass?

With today's economy and fuel prices I see traveling shows losing racers to smaller local venues. The travel and entry expenses are much more reasonable and your not away from home near as long.

just my uneducated .02.

EDIT: just another thought. As much as some may hate hearing it, the NSCA really needs to look at successful organizations like several of the import deals. They get tons of cars and tons of spectators. Look at what makes them successful and do the best you can to duplicate that with american muscle instead. Maybe even have US vs import grudge races to try and bring in some import cars/fans. Probably not a popular view, but the import venues seem to be doing something right.

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks DOTracer.. You can buy a 1 day pass for $20 or 2 days for $35..

Would it make sense for people to pay less to race but only get 1/2 the pot if they win? Im just throwing ideas out there and that can be a stupid one.. Who knows.. Say $60 to race for 1/2 the pot??

How about no membership needed for the first race but would have to buy a membership if you hit more than one? Would that work?

Im asking for feedback on what can make this work... The sky is the limit and I would like to see this thing grow and give us all a good place to race. The local stuff is great right now. But what if it doesn't last?

·
16,373 Posts
I said this before. Wave the membership fee for racers that only want to race the one event. If they show up at another event then they have to pay. If you bring in local racers you will bring their fans in as spectators. The free car shows are for the birds. People think because it's free we are desparate for cars. Charge the normal spectator fee plus an exrta 10-15 dollars for the car show entrants. Give a free NSCA T-Shirt to all car show entrants. This is what almost all the others do and they get huge turn outs. I advertised the free car show on 82 message boards and car show sites including Ohio sites. It stated to email me by Aug. 30th for FREE registration. I have one entrant. Free doesn't work!!! Charge people but give them something back, like t-shirts, photos good fair judging and nice awards. The other complaint is to give the awards at the set time. People hate to wait. Just my .02 8)

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I am for all of those but I still like 2 day events when things are moving.

But a one day event i would still attend. Better for the Fans too, this way they don't miss anything by not being able to attend both days.

I like the original drag radial class bring that back. Stock block and heads.

Everyone loves grude matches talk them up like the Monte/Kevin P race

What about Random ladders instead of this 1-16 2-15 3-14 and so on just a random draw ( just an idea might give the last qualifier a better chance to make it one or 2 rounds)

Do write ups on the new guys to enter a class find out who they are and learn about there car and who there supportes are. (this might help people feel welcome )

Make class for the LS1/Mod motor guys to compete these guys have very few events to run and there are a lot of them out there. maybe combine it with the viper vette shoot out I know some F bodies that can run with vipers and vettes.

Just some Ideas????

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
7DMACH1 said:
I said this before. Wave the membership fee for racers that only want to race the one event. If they show up at another event then they have to pay. If you bring in local racers you will bring their fans in as spectators. The free car shows are for the birds. People think because it's free we are desparate for cars. Charge the normal spectator fee plus an exrta 10-15 dollars for the car show entrants. Give a free NSCA T-Shirt to all car show entrants. This is what almost all the others do and they get huge turn outs. I advertised the free car show on 82 message boards and car show sites including Ohio sites. It stated to email me by Aug. 30th for FREE registration. I have one entrant. Free doesn't work!!! Charge people but give them something back, like t-shirts, photos good fair judging and nice awards. The other complaint is to give the awards at the set time. People hate to wait. Just my .02 8)
Awesome post Ray!! Thats why I pick you for a car show guy!! You been there done that with great success!!!

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
85Camaro said:
I am for all of those but I still like 2 day events when things are moving.

But a one day event i would still attend. Better for the Fans too, this way they don't miss anything by not being able to attend both days.

I like the original drag radial class bring that back. Stock block and heads.

Everyone loves grude matches talk them up like the Monte/Kevin P race

What about Random ladders instead of this 1-16 2-15 3-14 and so on just a random draw ( just an idea might give the last qualifier a better chance to make it one or 2 rounds)

Do write ups on the new guys to enter a class find out who they are and learn about there car and who there supportes are. (this might help people feel welcome )

Make class for the LS1/Mod motor guys to compete these guys have very few events to run and there are a lot of them out there. maybe combine it with the viper vette shoot out I know some F bodies that can run with vipers and vettes.

Just some Ideas????
Thanks 85, the one day event for spectators I think will win this one. For the racers its great to have 2 days and a lot of downtime between rounds. But I think the spectators is what needs to be looked at. The racers will not keep this thing afloat..

I vote for no more classes. They need to make the new format work before expanding into other markets. At one time I thought maybe open a bunch of classes up.. but that has proven not to work for the spectator...

Now the write up thing.. I couldn't agree more!! No bash against Musi or Dantoni but how many friends do they tell when they get a little 2"x 4" photo of their car in a magazine? Now count that against a newbie who hit his first race and hit the magazine!! Thats sure to tell everyone he or she sees!! Cheap advertizing is what Im all about.. :-D

·
16,373 Posts
I've been doing car shows since 1988, so I've seen the good and the bad. I've ran shows since 1999, and have judged 100's of shows. I know pretty much what people expect. I try to exceed their expectations. Not bragging but this is why most events I'm involed in are very successful. If there is any problems I try to correct them for the next event. I post questions on sites about my event and ask for suggestions. People love it and I implement some of them. People have posted on sites that they know if I'm involved it will be a good event. I started the Buck Hotel Cruise in June. We threw this together in three weeks. First one had approx 175 cars. Some cruises in this area have been around for years and don't get that many cars. If you give the people what they want, they will come back. I can't see why we shouldn't be able to have a minimum of 200 cars at NSCA events. NMRA and NMCA do. Most car show people bring others with them, wives, girlfriends and families. This is more spectators, more food, more everything. 8)

·
16,373 Posts
For the down time you could have bracket racing, exibitions, match races, local guy grudge races. NMRA parades the car show cars down the track. Each one stops at the starting line for a brief interview and then drives down the track. There are hundreds of things you can do with down time. One time I was at Atco for their anniversary show. They have match races and exibitions. This piticular year was Johnsons vs The Dodge Boys. We had a thunderstom right before start time. Bob Frey went into the stands and interviewed spectators, asked trivia questions and gave away prizes. This made the time fly while they dried the track. 8)

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Crunch has turned down every match race I brought him.. Im looking for real people to race real cars!!

1 - 20 of 145 Posts