Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are converting our X275 Mustang from a Carb Nitrous car, to EFI and a Xtrim Vortech. What a huge process doing everything in house. Engine is a 400ci SBF with Victor heads. We went 5.10 last year with only 14 passes on the car.

Before:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the big photos. I had been receiving alot of PMs about the car and build so I figured I would just post it here.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Looks cool but isnt this more of a engine build? Looks like the car is done.
He's got to do about as much Fab work to get that set up to fit as you had to do to yours in the drivers area..It's a pretty cool build/update, I'm wondering how much more HP the OP will be putting to the ground with this set up over the NOS set up?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I suppose it is a partial build. But everything is changing, fuel system, cooler and water setup in the car now, EFI, GRID, complete engine combo, trans, ect which is why I called it a build. Again just another mustang build but I received a bunch of PMs on the car.
We had to weigh 2950 with the NOS setup and have to weigh 3250 just to give you an idea of how much more power the car "SHOULD" make over NOS. I never got a chance to lean on the car last year but I feel it would have went 4.80s with both kits and a jet in it.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I suppose it is a partial build. But everything is changing, fuel system, cooler and water setup in the car now, EFI, GRID, complete engine combo, trans, ect which is why I called it a build. Again just another mustang build but I received a bunch of PMs on the car.
We had to weigh 2950 with the NOS setup and have to weigh 3250 just to give you an idea of how much more power the car "SHOULD" make over NOS. I never got a chance to lean on the car last year but I feel it would have went 4.80s with both kits and a jet in it.
Cool,will be waiting to see how it turns out!

·
REBUILDING
10,877 Posts
Ahh I see. I didnt read between the lines during your first post. Your explanation leaves nothing to guess at and provides details. Provide details and lots of pics! Subscibed!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Nice build up!!!!!!!!

If you don't mind me asking which Victor heads are you running? Also, why did you have to weight 2950? Base weight for a small block with NOS is 2900 in x275 and allows for a few deductions depending on what you're running. Running a single carb like your set up, is a 50lb deduction, couldn't you of weighted in at 2850? if no, how come.

What made you choose a Vortech over a Prochager?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We raced MDRA where the rules are a little bit different. The heads are Victor 7721s. Nothing special really as far as work done to them, big solid roller. I choose Vortech because they supported us before when we raced Xtreme Street with NMCA for 2 yrs so i went back with them. I feel the X Vortech is a good competitor for the F1R, (not against the F1X) and if not a little better as far as efficiency of the blower. We arent turning it very hard with a 73/34 pulley. I have an incredible chassis shop, and engine guy on my side and a excellent crew so I am looking forward to 2013. I have a ton more pictures to post up but trying to make them smaller to not fill up your screen!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Starting to mock up the trunk. This was a giant water chest that I am cutting down to fit the truck. Hopefully it will have enough capacity to not have to run a radiator.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts