Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
so was that a motor pulled from a zl1 or its a full redone block to be like one?

·
Registered
907 Posts
This belongs in the Barrett-Jackson thread!:p J/K. $50,000 wow, but it's worth that to someone I'm sure.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know if I had a true Yenko car that didn't have the original motor I'd pay 50K for that thing if it's the real deal.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
There is a guy here near nashville that has the largest collection of Yenkos in the world. I have seen them all on a tour of his shop. He has alot of other really rare GM cars. I bet he would buy it....

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Ok, first of all, I don't think it's "worth" anywhere's near that, but that's just me. About $35,000.00 is more like it.

Now, the YENKO ZL-1 blocks, in either CRESTED or LETTER form were just over the counter blocks offered for sale by Don. These were NEVER in a car, so it's not like there's a ZL-1 car missing it's engine. PLUS this was the "Can-Am" block with 4.440 bore. Not what the "original" guys would be looking for.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice motor, with what looks like some period correct parts, but other that a rich guys conversation piece either in a car or stand, I don't know. Plus is that ZL-1 block worth any more then my ZL-1 block, U can't say?:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts