Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the companies and resources represented on here we need somewhere when they are looking for help or when a skilled tradesman is seeking a job. I would love to be able to take my 25 years of CNC machining experience and put it to use in the racing industry! I am blessed to have a somewhat decent paying job in this economy, but the type of work we do just doesnt interest or challenge me, so I am looking for that dream job! Anyone else??

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Me too. Got 6 years experience with cnc machining and set up. Recently got moved away from the cnc department due to lack of work. Located in the Bowling Green, Ky area.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
With all the companies and resources represented on here we need somewhere when they are looking for help or when a skilled tradesman is seeking a job. I would love to be able to take my 25 years of CNC machining experience and put it to use in the racing industry! I am blessed to have a somewhat decent paying job in this economy, but the type of work we do just doesnt interest or challenge me, so I am looking for that dream job! Anyone else??
Good idea dude!
drag racer's helping drag racer's:smt023

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The company I work for is a large fabrication and machine shop in Columbia Tn thats been in business for 82 years. They are always looking for experienced workers,fabricators, millwrights and especially machinists. Pm me if your in this area and are looking. Machinists will start on second shift more than likely.

·
Platinum Member
5,683 Posts

I'm in the same boat, 13 years as a machinist in a plastic injection mold shop, just getting bored with it. I would rather be machining parts for engines or race cars!

Looking for something in the Indy area.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
im loading up and going to ND to drill for oil, AND im bringing every mexican i can find with me:p

·
Car ramrod
10,130 Posts
that is a good idea. I have been laid off since may and luckily am doing pretty good working out of the garage but I would much rather get rid of some of my headache and work for someone.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I'm in the same boat, 13 years as a machinist in a plastic injection mold shop, just getting bored with it. I would rather be machining parts for engines or race cars!

Looking for something in the Indy area.
15 years same here chicagoland area

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a friend who owns his own small Machine shop and 85% of the work he does is for Texas Speed and PRC. Wish I had the restraint to stop racing for a couple of years, with the money I would save I could open my own! But it's hopeless!!! :smt102

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
Working in the racing industry doesn't pay all that well on average. If you're going to do it make sure it's for the love of it.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Ive been laid off for a while, have millwright experiance, pretty much anything with machinery... Construction, maintenance, electrical, plumbing, welding, and some hydraulic.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
We need CNC machinist for tool room, a level 3 ndt inspector and a posting for a quality group leader. Located in Shelbyville,ky.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts