Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, one of own Yellow Bullet members, Hurst390, has made the new NAPA/Pinks commercial. This was shot at the recent ST. Louis version of Pinks All Out. I have not seen the commercial but I heard it is a couple of pretty cool vids. of the car. If anyone has it recorded it would be nice if someone can host/post it. The car is shown below and has a naturally asperated, cast iron headed, stroked AMC in it with a Jericho tranny. Jim, Hurst390, was leaving with it on the mat at around 6500 or so RPM, so I think it is safe to safe the 420cid engine was "All Out" on the launch for sure. The car ran (in the heat) two 9.5x passes and one 9.6x pass while at the show. Once again thanks to Nate and the boys for a great time.
Mike Campbell

·
My Own Worst Enemy
3,411 Posts
Cool

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do what? You talkin about the same commercial as Jim? When was all of that on? I recorded it last night and I have not watched it yet. Is that when you saw it? Ok here you go since you are now part of it.......... SuperStarzzzzz..........LOL

·
Registered
31 Posts
Do what? You talkin about the same commercial as Jim? When was all of that on? I recorded it last night and I have not watched it yet. Is that when you saw it? Ok here you go since you are now part of it.......... SuperStarzzzzz..........LOL

Same commercial...NOT the one they are pushing off the chassis car.....I/we are in the very opening scene, in the background.....so we ar eactually co-stars to Jimbo.......yes the same commercial as Jim

·
Registered
819 Posts
what kinda rear end is in that thing wit all those lugs?
It came out of a school bus....LOL
I just doubled the studs to use up the extra holes in those Mickey Thompson wheels...Axles where already drilled I just had to drill the rotor hat.....You should see the bolts that hold the license plates on!
Thanks guys!!!! BTW...I was leaving about 5800 since traction was iffy....
Oh and Mike D....I've known Mike C. for over 30 years and still don't know what his azz looks like?!...LOL

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Thanks for waving the "AMC Flag" for us Jim...KIbler called me all cranked up when he saw the commercial the other night...I have yet to see it

·
Registered
819 Posts
Yeah I had seen he called me too and I tried to call him, back but no answer..LOL
after 25 years af abuse from driving junk Ramblers I guess it's finally paying off!!LOL

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jimi,
The respect is well deserved after all of these years. The bottom line is, it is what it is.........how many cast iron headed cars of any make can run mid 9's naturally asp. The car is just plain bad! Keep up the good work Jimi.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts