Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
26,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright me and a co worker where just talking about traveling to china..i stumped myself and him with this.

If we both leave florida at 6a.m on the 8th and he flys over the alantic and i fly over the pacific an end up in china roughly around the same time say 6 hours apart because you got to take into account the earth spinning with him as he travels and me traveling agaist it..what day would i end up there and what day would he?if we are both standing in chaina at the same time what day is it really then..lol

we both came to that no matter what he would be there on the 8th still.An i would be there on what should be the 7th..but if where both standing there with each other what day is it really.

now i know yall will say well you would lose a day..but here somes the fun..time is man made..and no matter what a human has only so many sun up and sun downs in there life spand..now because i went back in time it still dont mean i lose that time because no matter what i have only so many sun ups and sun downs in my years an you can just say well you went backwards around the earth so you lose a day off you life..

:cool:

·
Registered
303 Posts
china is across the international date line as the at + on the hours and florida is on the negative. so if you both leave on the 8th you will both get their on the 10th.

8th in florida= 9th in China. + travel time would more than likely place you there ont he 10th chinea time 9th florida time. You lose a day going their but gain it coming back.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
26,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^i can see that for one person but if i'm going backwards in time vs him going forward..how do we both get there on the 10th then..he tech should get there on the same day he left seeing its like a 16 hour trip and probley 13 or so for me going the other way..this is taking in the earth spinning.

·
Registered
303 Posts
^i can see that for one person but if i'm going backwards in time vs him going forward..how do we both get there on the 10th then..he tech should get there on the same day he left seeing its like a 16 hour trip and probley 13 or so for me going the other way..this is taking in the earth spinning.
yeah is it takes 16hrs and everything goes perfect he'll get htere at 10pm on the 9th. but we are talking the airline industry here.

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
only on yellowbullet!!!:partyYBBitch::butthead:

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
26,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
craig you like my question huh..this is what happens when there aint shit to do in a shop an you get to b.sing..

an yeah the airline aint perfuct but if it was and you arrived on time..whats the answer?

·
Registered
116 Posts
yes the earth does spin but, it makes no difference which way if that was true they should face drag strips in the spin of the earth.
Now if plane A went to 80,000 feet and plane B went only 5000 feet and the clocks were set the same, plane A's clock would be behide when they landed anyone anyone...:peeing

·
www.PelechBrosRacing.com
4,000 Posts
craig you like my question huh..this is what happens when there aint shit to do in a shop an you get to b.sing..

an yeah the airline aint perfuct but if it was and you arrived on time..whats the answer?

Alex already gave you an explanation. Weren't you paying attention?

As your westward traveller is crossing time zones and 'losing' hours, he will eventually cross the International Date Line in the mid-Pacific and automatically gain 24 hours.

·
Registered
10,175 Posts

i'm sure me and you could come up with some pretty dumb shit to talk about haha... maybe in october at bradenton

·
Registered
303 Posts
yes the earth does spin but, it makes no difference which way if that was true they should face drag strips in the spin of the earth.
Now if plane A went to 80,000 feet and plane B went only 5000 feet and the clocks were set the same, plane A's clock would be behide when they landed anyone anyone...:peeing
they would be the same as long as they where using atomic clocks distance traveled has no bearing on relative time just local time.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
26,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes alex gave a good answer but only one person would be gaining the 24 hours not both right?the other would only gain 12 hours and that would account for most of his or her flight.

see the other person would be going over the alantic and gaining time but would still tech get there on the same date as he left florida as alex already agreed to that..so the problem aint fully done yet..

its one of them thing that will make you scratch your head..

like day light saving time..how in 6 months we lose a hour of light..but some how we say hey lets move the clocks forward after you move them back an not matter what you still lose an hour of light every 6 months..lol

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
26,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i'm sure me and you could come up with some pretty dumb shit to talk about haha... maybe in october at bradenton
i will be there at the race..donald gave me a ton of flyers last night and i ended handing them all out as i was walking back threw the pits to get beer..lol

i was going to org put them at the local speed shop

1 - 17 of 17 Posts