Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knpw this is early but the way it looks,we may be in a little rough ride tonight into tomorrow the way it looks.We are inwards so we are lucky from surge but,the friends in and around Pascagoula is not looking like they are gonna dodge the waters. We have been lucky so far since Katrina so we are thankful. Any of yall need to get away from the coast,send me a PM and I will get yall hooked up the best we can. Again please stay safe.

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Be safe Kenny. She was coming right at us two days ago now it seems to be shifting more East.
It sure is been crazy thats for sure.I got the yard ready yesterday and found out something,the ground gets harder when you get older. The ladder I was on slipped a little and I was only up about 7-8 feet maybe putting a bucket of blocks on the roof of part of the chicken coop and the ladder gave and I had a nice conversation with the ground. I swear the noice my hens make sounded just like they started laughing at me while I hit the ground. I was thinking that they would look good on a plate if they keep it up-lololoIm ok just sore a little bit. We dodged a bullet cause its moving more east across the line towards mobile. I hope we dont get but a little bit but we still aint gonna rest easy until its clear out of here.

Reactions: carolinagirl

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everybody be safe.
Hey sweet lady I hope you have been doing good these days. We are hanging in so far and have dodged a bullet again I hope-fingers crossed.

·
Mother Hen
50,783 Posts
Hey sweet lady I hope you have been doing good these days. We are hanging in so far and have dodged a bullet again I hope-fingers crossed.
I thought about you first thing this morning. I hope y'all are still OK and this storm will not be bad on y'all.

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought about you first thing this morning. I hope y'all are still OK and this storm will not be bad on y'all.
Yeah we got luck but the folks around cola isnt so lucky -they are catching hell

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My brother in law and his wife live and Pensacola, it's a mess down there, so far they've been doing okay, but the rain has been unrelenting.
I sure hate they are getting this- was watching i this morning ad the flood waters are insane flooding. I hope they are ok though. I know it wasnt a katrina but, this thing is a crawler

Reactions: cepx111

·
SMOKED IT
3,920 Posts
I am not in a flooding area, but the water came within 3 feet of my house. Rain has let up, thank god. I guess I need to get some of that National Flood Insurance. 34 inches in 24hrs. A barge broke loose and took out a span of the 3 mile bridge. So Gulf Breeze and Pensacola Beach, have limited egress right now, and for probably for several months.

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am not in a flooding area, but the water came within 3 feet of my house. Rain has let up, thank god. I guess I need to get some of that National Flood Insurance. 34 inches in 24hrs. A barge broke loose and took out a span of the 3 mile bridge. So Gulf Breeze and Pensacola Beach, have limited egress right now, and for probably for several months.
That is a hell of alot of rain and thats insane at how much amounts of water that has increased in such a short amount of time.I seen the barge and pics of the bridge it hit and it is gonna be a hell of a long time for sure before that gets back to normal.

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm still at work, about to finish a 48 hour ride-out. When I leave, I'm on vacation for nine days.
You been off shore working ? man I thought they was gonna give yall a break . You want me to call your boss and fix this?lolol

·
SMOKED IT
3,920 Posts
That is a hell of alot of rain and thats insane at how much amounts of water that has increased in such a short amount of time.I seen the barge and pics of the bridge it hit and it is gonna be a hell of a long time for sure before that gets back to normal.
Luckily, they were building a new bridge parallel to the one that was hit and collapsed. They have the facilities and capability locally to build and install a new span for the bridge. Probably will be a month or two, to get traffic back to normal.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
You been off shore working ? man I thought they was gonna give yall a break . You want me to call your boss and fix this?lolol
No, refinery ran through the storm.

A break? They said that they gave me a break when they hired me.

As long as my pay is like I was told, I'll be fine.

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No, refinery ran through the storm.

A break? They said that they gave me a break when they hired me.

As long as my pay is like I was told, I'll be fine.
Ahh shoot yeah I forgot-did yall get much damage to it during the storm?---- yeah I know those breks-lolo

·
Mother Hen
50,783 Posts
Yeah we got luck but the folks around cola isnt so lucky -they are catching hell
The rain started here a few hours ago and it isn't supposed to stop until Friday afternoon. We have flash flood watches out as there is supposed to be a whole lot of rain.

·
Beyond old
3,904 Posts
The rain started here a few hours ago and it isn't supposed to stop until Friday afternoon. We have flash flood watches out as there is supposed to be a whole lot of rain.
Same over here, CG. I'm just north of I 20, about 60 mi east of Atlanta. Been very heavy at times. So far, the wind is very low.
Everyone hunker down, and hang on.

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think alot of folks are gonna get a piece of sally before she gets out of here.Yall just take it easy and know if yall need us we are here.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts