Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
DamCoonass
15,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor's daughter had been complaining of an ear ache for a couple of days.

She went to the ENT & the doc had a look in there & backed the fuck right up.

There was a SPIDER in her ear & it was living in there!!!!!!!!!

They hadda get the spider out alive so they could identify it. When the doc went after it, it disappeared into a HOLE it had burrowed into her NECK.

After 2 hours they finally got it out & it was an "ant mimic" spider.
Some kind of strange spider that looks somewhat like an ant with 2 big claw looking things on it.

Tomorrow they are gonna do some surgery because.... I shit you not... the spider has laid a hundred or so EGGS in the hole.

Now for the REALLY strange part.

She had been getting some sort of bites on her arms & neck that nobody else in the house was getting. The spider was coming out of her ear at night & BITING her while she was sleeping.

I am not making this up & just stood there with my mouth open... speechless while her dad told me the story.

THAT is some scary shit.

·
Registered
8,017 Posts
amazing!
hope she's ok.

·
DamCoonass
15,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
REBUILDING
10,877 Posts
Saw a thing on Bizarre E.R. tv show last week where a roach crawled in a guys ear and set up home and he was so petrified by it being there, that all he could do was emit a piercing scream and not move or talk. It took them hours to determine what was wrong with him and once they got it out, he snapped out of it and admitted it was his childhood fear come true.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
I googled that to see what it looked like & it appears that there are a bunch of spiders that are "ant mimic" spiders. in shorts its a spider that looks like an ant to avoid getting eaten.

in any case that is REALLY strange & I feel bad for the poor girl.

Ant mimicry is mimicry of ants by other organisms. Ants are abundant all over the world, and insect predators that rely on vision to identify their prey such as birds and wasps normally avoid them, either because they are unpalatable, or aggressive. Thus some other arthropods mimic ants to escape predation (protective mimicry). Conversely, some species (e.g. Zodariidae spiders) use their anatomical and behavioral ant mimicry to hunt ants (aggressive mimicry). Other cases are also known.[1] The term myrmecomorphy is also used to describe ant mimicry.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I went to the dr a few weeks ago with a ear ache... I would have shit a brick if it turned out to be a spider. You know they say you eat like 10 or so spiders a year while you are sleeping...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Holy phuckin' shit, you'd have to commit me to an insane asylum after going through that! That poor girl.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts