Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been using a XP1000 for several years. Looking to save some weight, the S1600 is 16lbs lighter but also has less CCA and less reserve. this is a blown alky TD that is towed to and from the track. Always on charger between rounds.

Does anyone have real experience with this battery that can give me some feedback on whether I may have any issues making the change.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
I currently use one. I don't have an issue at all but I do run an alternator.

I used one in another (EFI) car a few years ago without an alternator. It was never towed and never let me down. Always charged between rounds.

·
RED ROCKET
8,624 Posts
I ran a single for a full year with no issues..tow to lanes and drive back...I added a 2nd one as my crew cant always go..biggest thing I have seen with 2 is how fast it turns over.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a quick update, I bought a S1600 and on a cold 40* day I spunthe engine over for 10 secs 3 times in a row and the starter never slowed down a bit so thats a great sign. Only disappointing thing was based on the XS info I would save 16lbs making the switch, after weighing both the XP1000 and S1600 the 1600 is only 12.3 lbs less.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts