Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one that thinks that the turbo cars are getting hammered in weight category?

I'm not whining either so don't start that crap- just wondering if anyone else see's it the same way I do.

I am starting to think that promoters are so scared of turbo cars dominating that they are piling rules on as thick as they can against them.

Maybe it's just my combo that is getting hosed bad- that's why I was curious to hear what others thought.

·
Sho'Nuff
5,366 Posts
Kinda funny you mention this because NMRA SSO, the supercharged combo is the heaviest. Turbo cars actually get a break....who'da thunk it?

I know...2 different classes....but anyway

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
It cause the Pussy ass nitrous guys cant keep up. I got kicked out of Fl Real street and Ortc ultimate street completly! i think if they cant keep up they should buy a blower or turbo or take their beatings like men. Dont penalize the fast guys cause the nitorus guys cant move to the 21st century

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you look at the rules in other classes, it makes the X275 rules even more ridiculous for a turbo car. I really want to run this X275 stuff, but there is just no way I can be competitive at the weight I would have to run at, with the turbo I would have to run with. I guess I will have to hold the fence up instead and cheer on my favorite nitrous guys.

·
Sho'Nuff
5,366 Posts
not to stir the pot or anything but according to the results they just posted....the winner was about .5 from the fastest cars out there. You ain't gotta be fast to win ;)

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Using myself as an example- For ORTC extreme street, I would have to put on a smaller tire, add 200 pounds and try to run the same thing i am running now.

·
Godspeed TK!
8,989 Posts
Yes, I understand that and that is a fair request on behalf of the rules makers. However, I wouldn't be the one to come waste my time and I am sure that the other turbo guys feel the same way.
Please dont shoot the mesenger! I was just trying to let you know what John responded to somebody else with:smt102

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For MIR X275 I would have to put on a smaller turbo, smaller tires and add 150 pounds and still have to run the same thing.

·
Duct Tape and WD-40
3,755 Posts
It cause the Pussy ass nitrous guys cant keep up. I got kicked out of Fl Real street and Ortc ultimate street completely! i think if they cant keep up they should buy a blower or turbo or take their beatings like men. Dont penalize the fast guys cause the nitorus guys cant move to the 21st century
i'm not gonna go callin anyone a pussy, but for the most part i agree with you. people need to realize that nitrous is an outdated way to make power (or lack there of apparently)

·
Registered
8,135 Posts
It cause the Pussy ass nitrous guys cant keep up. I got kicked out of Fl Real street and Ortc ultimate street completly! i think if they cant keep up they should buy a blower or turbo or take their beatings like men. Dont penalize the fast guys cause the nitorus guys cant move to the 21st century
Your car was impressive at Ga.
But you dont do yourself any favors by insulting all the nitrous guys.

Just sayin.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
No. That was not legit. My backhalf was the same as usual and so was my driveshaft rpm. I gave up the record and bonus points.
U are a good sport. So how fast does it go?? Cause here is something i Told Donald after the last race. In the rules it says you can have 106 with a reducer to a 94 or Dave had 2 94s reduced to the 88 mm size. Nothing against Bowman he saw a hole and worked it but 2 94s reduced are not the same as 2 88s That is not racing and this rule sucks. I can have an F2 or i can get An F3 and reduce it down??? Now the F3 will go faster so why even make rules if no one is going to make them work or tech them?? Then Me you, Dave and other sthat want to go fast will be the bad guys cause the nitrous guys cant keep up?? They make the rules so it is fair then let anything in with a reducer?? RETARDED

·
Registered
8,135 Posts
i'm not gonna go callin anyone a pussy, but for the most part i agree with you. people need to realize that nitrous is an outdated way to make power (or lack there of apparently)
They are more than 1/2 the feild at most races.
So you guys want every car to be blower or turbo?
Thats pretty much how 10.5 and ODR are and thats why X275 is so hot right now, the SB nitrous car can compete. When the time comes that they cant the car count will suffer just like 10.5 and ODR.

JMO.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They are more than 1/2 the feild at most races.
So you guys want every car to be blower or turbo?
Thats pretty much how 10.5 and ODR are and thats why X275 is so hot right now, the SB nitrous car can compete. When the time comes that they cant the car count will suffer just like 10.5 and ODR.

JMO.

SB NOS guys should be competetive, and so should every other combo. Not trying to bash anyone, but maybe someone just needs to take a second glance at the turbo cars rules, that's all.

1 - 20 of 296 Posts