Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to ditch the stock suspension and steering in my car if I can. I also don't want to be twisting the stock front unibody with torque and mashing it with repeated wheelies. I want to meet the rules for 275 so I can grow into the the class, how much modification can I do to the front end on the falcon and stay class legal? There is a lot of stuff out there for these early chassis's, mostly geared for the early Mustangs and most of it appears to be street oriented so I am expecting some hybrid concepts. Ideas, options, experiance? How much caster am I after?
Thanks YB.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,804 Posts
is there bolt on stuff for the car? like front sub frames like the smith one for chevy 2's if so them are legal in x275..maybe talk to them and see if they will convert a nova one to what you need..just a idea..i never looked at the front of falcon

·
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
4,370 Posts
LOL Goodluck be carefull

if the chevy 2's can convert to struts and tubes so should he!;)

hell in a few months what you were doing to your s10 will be legal anyway.

and now begin the fighting

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
Hell looking at sgracing car you can run a pro mod tube chassis. This class is want last much longer. You can't let guys run that in street car class.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Hell looking at sgracing car you can run a pro mod tube chassis. This class is want last much longer. You can't let guys run that in street car class.
Since when is X275 a "street car" class?

Goss's car is not a tube chassis car. He simply built the cage by removing the floor in the car. You would be suprised how many chassis shops do it this way. Some cut the roof, some take out the floor.

If you feel this class wont be around for awhile, stop wasting everybody's time, and start your own damn class. Or STFU and come out and race!

·
Registered
18,386 Posts
GOSS KNOWSSSSSSS
CAN HELP YOU JUST P.M. HIM:p

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Just weld a strut on it and say you bought it as a kit and cut all the sheet metal off and the frame too. The chevy guys will all say it great cause its not a mustang

·
Collecting dust
4,534 Posts
Dude! you need to get over yourself. What is YOUR idea of what an X275 car should be? Lemme guess, an unlimited, no rules small block with all the guns you can pack on, and a chassis that won't certify for the ET's it runs cause it's a "street car" ... am I close?

I'm completely NOT GETTING what people are so upset about. Brian built a SAFE car that has all stock attachment points, stock frame rails (still attached to the factory sheet metal), and has NO adjustable suspension items. What is the problem? Too many bars? Hell, that's just extra weight. If he wants to carry the extra weight, why is that a problem?

Stop wasting band width bitching on every thread you post in and either get in or get out. You are the biggest repeating broken record on this site lately. We all get it already. You want everybody to build what you have so life will be fair. It's NOT going to happen, so get a grip and move on with your life. I promise you'll be happier if you just let it go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts