Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what is the final word, posted rules say yes, but will it be enforced? Can't find a final yes or no answer.

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
If it is not mandatory, it should be. Put one on it!

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
is it worth getting oil under your tires and loosing your car?

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
It should`nt matter what class your running in. Anything 10.99 or quicker should have a diaper, period.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
If you need a diaper when running your car.....you should really consider slowing it down.:eek:

·
Gettin' tired of the shit
23,424 Posts
This is what Dave posted up in the Englishtown section.

hello everybody. In all our classes we have asked that teams run a diaper. The advantages of a good diaper are...

1) if you can contain oil/water you may prevent an accident.

2) If we can cantain oil/water after an engine failure the clean up / down time will be minimized.

Friends if we are gonna give our fans the best possible show and also have the safest possible show for our racers then a blanket or oil retention system can help. In addition please know in years of doing our race we have "NEVER" turned teams away for blanket issues...we worked with the teams in question and searched the pits for spare blankets and made it happen. I'll try to have a few extra blankets on hand to help. Blankets & oil retention devices have to become part of our every day drag racing lives. The more we use them the easier it becomes.

Thank you all for your support.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this is an example of what can happen when the rules are there but they are are slacked off on enforcement. the excuse that they never needed them before seems to bite you in the ass.

·
Banned...Four Times
40,200 Posts
I can't for the life of me understand anyone that wouldn't use a device that could save them or their car from disaster. Yet you hear about it all the time. From famous NASCAR drivers that refused to wear a HANS device and a close faced helmet to a weekend warrior that doesn't want a diaper on their car. Makes no sense to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts