Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people are building cars right now to run in X275 next season. Pictures and info welcome!!!!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will start off
Getting ready to start my project with in the next few weeks, Starting from scratch with a 93 LX 4 cylinder body, doing a 25.3 chassis, 427 cube small block with a pro mod 88, and a glide.
No pics yet but will have some of the project as soon as we start on it.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Mine is a 331 with a F1r to get seat time. End of next season 88mm 363. Won't run 4's ever probally cause I am leaving it a street car. Hope for some really low 5's though. Stock hood and interior too.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Working on it slowly. Drivetrain sits in the corner waiting.

·
Registered
130 Posts
93 coupe just about done with it 25.5 427 sbf blow thur procharger.i started from scatch last year and i should be ready soon
here are some old pics

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
I'm building an 89 Nissan 240sx that is a few months from being done. Engine will be a Nissan RB25 out of the Skyline with a PT76. Car is at NRC right now getting built and Proline is almost done with the motor.

·
Fastest mustang roller
3,005 Posts
Definitely some cool shit coming. That Nissan is going to unique as hell, what kind of suspension is under those? And a 427 with a mid frame 88 should be interesting since the "common knowledge" says that a 427 is way to big for just about any kind of 88. Good thread keep the posts coming.

·
Registered
751 Posts
here my project it's a street car wont be competive at all i just wanna have alittle fun n get seat time. have a 400 inch sb. if funds are there over winter gonna put a roots supercharger on it

·
Godspeed TK!
8,989 Posts
I'm building an 89 Nissan 240sx that is a few months from being done. Engine will be a Nissan RB25 out of the Skyline with a PT76. Car is at NRC right now getting built and Proline is almost done with the motor.

My G/Friend used to have one of those & I always thought-"Damn that thing would make a good drag car"!!!LOL

Glad to see something different!!!

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
The 240 comes with an IRS but it wont hold up to the power I'd need to be remotely competitive so it'll have ladder bars.

·
Godspeed TK!
8,989 Posts
I will start off
Getting ready to start my project with in the next few weeks, Starting from scratch with a 93 LX 4 cylinder body, doing a 25.3 chassis, 427 cube small block with a pro mod 88, and a glide.
No pics yet but will have some of the project as soon as we start on it.

Cant wait to see it Dom.....coupe or hatch??

·
Registered
81 Posts
i'm testing my project out now its a 434 sbf with f1r procharger. having belt issues now if i get that worked out gonna try and make one of the few races left at mir.

·
Registered
597 Posts
86 Buick T-type. 274" Buick Stage 2 v6, 88, th400 Suspension is done. Motor should go to the machine shop soon all parts are here. Needs cage, paint, wiring and some misc. pieces. I build most everything myself, so it will take me quite a while. I might get to race next year, but not rushing to do so.

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
The plan over the winter is to either de-stroke the current engine to 582 or build a whole new engine to be legal for X next year. The rest of the car is ready :)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Definitely some cool shit coming. That Nissan is going to unique as hell, what kind of suspension is under those? And a 427 with a mid frame 88 should be interesting since the "common knowledge" says that a 427 is way to big for just about any kind of 88. Good thread keep the posts coming.
Hopefully it will make enough on the motor to offset the cubes. Well see, I think it will be a very competitive setup.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
95 mustang coupe, 88mm y2k turbo (for now), efi, 160lb injectors, gen 7 ecu, air/water intercooler, 347 ci R block with trick flow and a carbed/sheet metal intake. The motor just went in today. It will be ready by the end of the year and ready/dialed in for the shakedown at PBIR.

1 - 20 of 215 Posts