Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 522 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So is it still possible for a small block NOS to run with a blower?? Can a 4.80 be ran with a small block at 2950# and still be running for the next pass if it does?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
In on one to subscribe too this, when you put it that way it does seem rough, btw, I loved watching your truck, it's a bad ass unit :p:supz:

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Didn't a NOS car have the prior record at 4.85? No one thought that could be done, but it happened. It's natural progression of a class. Records will always be broken. That's what they are there for.

·
Philippians 4:13
2,922 Posts
I don't think so at 2950. I know Vincent has been 60's( on a bigger tire/bars, but I'm using a small block as an example) but he was super light. Most n20 small blocks can't go an 80 on 315s, much less 275s at that weight. Even if the weight is dropped for sb n20 cars, most of them can't get that light anyways.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Didn't a NOS car have the prior record at 4.85? No one thought that could be done, but it happened. It's natural progression of a class. Records will always be broken. That's what they are there for.
Yes you are correct!! And that guy is building a new blower car as we speak! Why would he build a blower car if he is the fastest sb NOS car?

·
Probably bushoging
1,017 Posts
So is it still possible for a small block NOS to run with a blower?? Can a 4.80 be ran with a small block at 2950# and still be running for the next pass if it does?
Phuck, hell what you mean a dam turbo car hasn't even come close to that, and they wanna ban LF or add more weight:confused:

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Same reason, I am. I'm sick of blowing shit up, and trying to replace things between rounds.

However someone will figure out how to do it, without blowing it up. I ran out of patience, as I am sure smith did too.

·
Probably bushoging
1,017 Posts
Don't take me Wrong here.. I'm not complaining I just think as things get sorted out PP are gonna go faster Bottom line.. When your combo wont run with everyone else its time to change.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Bobby, hate to say it, but sooner or later you're gonna have to build a motor.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't take me Wrong here.. I'm not complaining I just think as things get sorted out PP are gonna go faster Bottom line.. When your combo wont run with everyone else its time to change.
So should the sb guys change to something else? Or should things be slightly adjusted to combos to try and keep a level playing field??

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bobby, hate to say it, but sooner or later you're gonna have to build a motor.
Damn Pete, I was the fastest qualified sb NOS at civil wars and the fastest qualified at shakedown this weekend running mid 4.90s guess I got a junk sb!

·
Probably bushoging
1,017 Posts
So should the sb guys change to something else? Or should things be slightly adjusted to combos to try and keep a level playing field??
Well..I beleive if a SB NOS car can't stay together, & the owners are getting tired of rebuilding motors, yes its time to look else where to be able to run up front without frying motor parts.
Its hard to police combos from what iv'e seen in the little time I've just been involved in this. 1 there is not enought time & 2nd no one wants to be the one to go around & make sure its level or to keep it in check.. john does the best he can do,but lets be honest it takes more than just walking around a car to make sure everthing is right.

·
X275 Derby Winner!
2,839 Posts
Hell, most of the blower guys can't keep up with the blower cars...
I can't run a 4.8anything... Should I get a weight break?
Just sayin'

DonB.

1 - 20 of 522 Posts