Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just out of curiosity ... 4 cylinder turbo in x275.. whats the minimum weight ? max turbo ? nitrous and turbo ? again just curious... :)

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
4-cylinder combos deduct 200 lbs from listed V8 combo. Max turbo same as V8 combos and can run nitrous inconjuction with a turbo.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Thought about doing this but i dont think the 200 lb weight break was big enough to make it feasible.

Was gonna research a 280 inch BBF based engine that was in the ford motorsport catalog back in the 90's.

If it was a 400 lb difference...... I could see it being more feasible.

·
waiting to make a pass!
18,370 Posts
Need to run two mufflers inline

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
How about coming out with it and giving it all you got and then ask for the weight break by proving it won't run.:p

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
I really regret selling my mercruiser/ motorsport engine.

John would it have even been legal for the class?

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
I don't see why not.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Well... It was only offered in the motorsport catalog....never actually in a car. It was a boat motor. Didnt know if that would matter.

Had one stroked and poked to 282 inches with an A460 head and a 76mm turbo that made 730.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Badnotch. Back in the 90's Mercruiser made a boat motor that was based off the drivers side bank of a 460. they clocked the cylinder bank vertical and used an SBC bellhousing pattern and it was an aluminum block with sleeves. In an attempt to introduce the engine into motorsports, Ford partnered with Mercruiser to offer it through the Ford Motorsport catalog with a ford part number.

I do have a couple pics of it somewhere......but they are at home in a box somewhere and im out on the road working.

·
Montgomery Ragland
3,016 Posts
Well... It was only offered in the motorsport catalog....never actually in a car. It was a boat motor. Didnt know if that would matter.

Had one stroked and poked to 282 inches with an A460 head and a 76mm turbo that made 730.
Was somebody not running a combo like this at the Spring Civil Wars?? I remember a fox body had a boat motor inline 4 with those heads on it??:confused:

Cant remember what class they were running but I'm pretty sure I remember a black/primer fox with a merc boat motor.:smt102:smt102

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
White I have no clue.... I wasnt there but there have been a few guys use em over the years.

The crank i had wasnt the greatest in the world.... Motor shook pretty bad. Counterweight design wasnt adequate for it.

·
Montgomery Ragland
3,016 Posts
I will ask my boy tomorrow about it, I think he talked to the guy.. think the guy just might of been testing or running a bracket class, but was pretty cool. You saying something about it shaking seems to be something else I remember he said.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts

that sound pretty cool. im a v8 guy but sounds like it could be fun ride

1 - 20 of 57 Posts