Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damn !!!
47' was the gold for this event tonight ,ronnie renner cleared the pole by 5' plus over the set distance at 47' tonight to take the gold in moto-x step up challenge .these guys even including brian deegan were setting records like crazy in step up easily clearing ea attempt by 5' or more .the uprights for the step up only had 3 open pegs before maxing out at 50'

next year they will be hitting the steel girders in the roof of the staples center if they keep making this event look easy . i think they will easily clear 50' by next year .they started the challenge tonight at last years wining height of 38' and like i mentioned ea competitor cleared it by 5' to10'

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one rider looked to have injured his tail bone when the rear suspension collapsed

·
Registered
47 Posts
X2 that was insane:smt119

These guys are really pushing the machines.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would like to know how the fuck are they getting that much height in such a short distance ,that's equivelant to a 4 story building

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here's the video of ronnie renners win in step up and he's the rider who hurt his tailbone

watch how easily he clears the bar at 47' !!!! ........the more i look at the video his rear tire is at least 3'-4' above the uprights which are maxed out at 50' so i'm guessing he cleared 54' on that record breaking jump

http://youtu.be/6hjfE1WtyYs

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I missed it on tv last night dammit, that is sick though..... I can imagine how much that hurts on the landing lol, we have a small setup up where we ride its only maybe 15 feet and that I can only do 3-4 times before I am to sore to do it again.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I'm surprised they are running tubes still! I would like to know what kinda sprocket setup there running I'm assuming they are launching in 2nd I would think 1rst would be to short.

·
كافر
9,930 Posts
Xgames starts at 1pm today on ABC!!!! dont miss it.. has the hot wheels double loop! 8)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
thats crazy, u really have to have some guts to do some of the things those guys do.

·
Registered
100 Posts
And I thought I heard the announcer say something about locking down the front end before the run. Not sure what he ment though.
It's a latch that holds the forks about halfway down the travel. Puts more weight on the front end allowing for harder launch. When the forks compress on take off it releases and allows full travel for landing

·
Registered
535 Posts
Today is the hotwheels track.

Should be some killer footage, they are saying its 7 G's through the loops.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts