Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forsale is my S&W Magnum 500. Has the 8 and 3/4 barrel. Gun has probably had around 100 rounds put through it. Comes with approx 60 rounds. One full box of Hornady rounds and some reloads.

Can have more pictures for serious inquiries.

Looking to get $950 Shipped OBO. Knock off some shipping for face to face transactions. Am located about an hour west of Chicago and would be willing to drive up to an hour to meet.

·
Senior Frog
10,350 Posts
Forsale is my S&W Magnum 500. Has the 8 and 3/4 barrel. Gun has probably had around 100 rounds put through it. Comes with approx 60 rounds. One full box of Hornady rounds and some reloads.

Can have more pictures for serious inquiries.

Looking to get $950 Shipped OBO. Knock off some shipping for face to face transactions. Am located about an hour west of Chicago and would be willing to drive up to an hour to meet.

LOL............Can someone explain to this novice
just what exactly that monster was designed for ?
Badass !

·
Registered
655 Posts
LOL............Can someone explain to this novice
just what exactly that monster was designed for ?
Badass !

its designed to allow a hand gun platform to produce rifle like power levels,it does a good job of doing so but its weight and size pretty much take it out of the easily carried, side arm, that's possibly used for self defense into the used for hunting only, as your main weapon realm
Ive used a similar sized dan wesson super mag in caliber 445, for years for hunting and the 500 S&W is even larger and more powerful, I really don,t see the need as even my 445 dwsm shoots clear thru large hogs and deer, with a 300 grain bullet pushed to 1500fps

·
Registered
678 Posts
Mitch, the 500 was make as a big bore big game hand cannon. This is a standard S & W model, Smith's Performance Center makes their custom ones. P.C. models come with all the bells and whistles of factory made hand built and tune firearm. It was a game of Who built the biggest between the manufacturers. The S & W 44mag ( remember Dirty Harry) was beginning of the "wheel gun" contest, 454 casull, Ruger 480, the 500 mag then the 460 XVR. I may have left out a few: 41 mag, 45 LC , 475 and others that are made in the US. With any one of these, a person can have a ball if you like the blast and recoil of large caliber handgun..with heavy loads.

·
Registered
678 Posts
grumpyvette, Thank you for the "handloads .com" printed out the loads for my S & W PC 460 mags. I forgot about the site......

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its designed to allow a hand gun platform to produce rifle like power levels,it does a good job of doing so but its weight and size pretty much take it out of the easily carried, side arm, that's possibly used for self defense into the used for hunting only, as your main weapon realm
Ive used a similar sized dan wesson super mag in caliber 445, for years for hunting and the 500 S&W is even larger and more powerful, I really don,t see the need as even my 445 dwsm shoots clear thru large hogs and deer, with a 300 grain bullet pushed to 1500fps

This is why I am getting rid of it. I don't hunt and won't use it for home defense and it is downright expensive to shoot. I would rather take the money and put it into a nice 1911.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts