Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a quarter panel from AMD thru Summit Racing. Damn thing was crated in a vertical position and only crated up 2/3 of the way. Damn thing wouldn’t go thru a standard doorway. They bent it right in half at a *45 angle. Fucking dumb asses! I guess I wait another month and hope they get it right next time.

·
Pontiac "big block"
9,544 Posts
Summit cant ship large/fragile things to save their lives.

They sent me a windshield wrapped in tissue paper and thrown in a basic cardboard box. Needless to say it was in pieces when I got it.

·
Registered
24,126 Posts
Should buff out :rolleyes:

·
Moderater
13,064 Posts
You are going to be shipping those back and forth for a while..

·
Titanium Member
11,011 Posts
Im sure the forklift driver didnt have anything to do with that when it went on the truck.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This was a drop ship from the manufacturer. Auto metal direct packaged this. They should know better.

·
Moderater
13,064 Posts
Look at the header at the door top on the truck then compare the hole and scuff above the bend..the idiot is standing right in the pic...lol

Reactions: 79540

·
Registered
24,126 Posts
Endorsed by That Graveyard Cars Guy ;)

·
Mother Hen
50,725 Posts
Businesses can only afford to make those kinds of mistakes for a little while, before the costs add up and they lose customers. I would fire whomever crated that.

·
A Fine Example For Others
40,562 Posts
It's disheartening, that's what this is.
OP's car gets wrecked from a drunk driver, and now he has to deal with damaged new parts. One thing I learned from this thread is, AMD doesn't give a shit about their product.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's disheartening, that's what this is.
OP's car gets wrecked from a drunk driver, and now he has to deal with damaged new parts. One thing I learned from this thread is, AMD doesn't give a shit about their product.
I think the QC needs slapped on the dick. My guess is they hire min wage kids to ship this stuff. I’m not shit talking AMD product quality. They are the best in the business for panels but the shipping guy fucked up. Sucks because I’m ready to start cutting on the car and my body guy has his deposit in hand. This pushes me back a minimum of 2 weeks

·
Smart Ass Conservative
110,701 Posts
Wow

·
Ass, Gas or Grass
16,966 Posts
We went thru THREE AMD trunklids for that '68 Camaro we restored thru Summit before we just said "Fuck It" and fixed the original. The last one the whole fuckin right side of the trunklid was bent in a 90 degree angle from the inner support to the edge, but the box it came in was perfect! Summit DID make it right with us tho, told us to keep all 3 junk lids, gave us a refund and gave us a discount on some other shit we ordered. I feel yer pain fer damn sure!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts