Yellow Bullet Forums banner

WTF is wrong with this country????

4K views 50 replies 31 participants last post by  kerrynzl 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Being stuck with the stress of a $140,000 dollar bill would kill me easier than the snake bite. A razor and a good buddy to suck the venom out sounds better. He'd probably just charge you a case of beer.

#12 ·
For comparison a donor heart cost $90,000. Refined snake spit cost $125,000

#20 ·
I recently went to the doctor for just a basic checkup because I have not been to a doctor for over 25 years for anything and I was in there 30 minutes and they charged $1400. If you have insurance they will fuck the insurance company like a chained up yard dog.

#40 ·
Back in January, when I went to the doctor for my blood pressure and swelling in my legs/fluid in my lungs, he sent me to the ER when my BP would not come down. They gave me an IV, hooked me up to a heart monitor. I saw a doctor. They came back to check on my BP several times. They adminstered two shots for my BP. They gave me two nitroglycerin pills. I was released after a few hours. I can't remember the bill, but I got one from the hospital and one from the doctor. It was thousands. They have an agreement with my insurance company (BCBS) that they must accept what the insurance company deems reasonable. I paid (I think) a $135 deductable before leaving the hospital. BCBS was billed thousands, they agreed to pay hundreds. lol. I was left paying an additional $275 out of pocket. I was amazed at the difference between what the hospital and doctor billed, and what they agreed to accept from the insurance company. I guess if I had no insurance, I'd be stuck paying the full amount or have my credit destroyed and be hounded by bill collectors. Definately some shady shit going on.

#22 ·
It's pretty fucked for sure. Love it if the free health care issue wasn't made political.

My buddy in Canada had 2 new knee's put in and a triple bypass in the last few years and cost him all of nothing. Actually you could say he made money off of it, since he took his paid vacation time for each hospital stay. I keep telling him in the States that woulda been like a million dollars.

#24 ·
The guy in the video was from a country where it would have been free health care. That's why he's so pissed.

#23 ·
about 10 years ago my dad had a heart attack and had to have bypasses. 4 days later his brother had the same thing happen. They were both in the same hospital having the same thing done. My dad had insurance and my uncle did not. My uncle had his operation 4 days late than my dads and he was out and home 3 days before my dad was. Hospital was milking all they could from my dads insurance but they jumped right on my uncle and fixed him up and sent him on out like he was a superstar.

#27 ·
and the bottom feeding scumbags would have gotten it for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Our country is phucked!

#29 ·
FYI! If your ever in a hospital and another doctor you dont know comes in and says Hi How are YOU???He might not even walk all the way through the door way. Look at you insurance bill. He will have some BS charge on there. But dont worry if you dont have insurance cause he wont bother you.

#30 ·
No shit, I got hit for $400 + every time one of those guys poked his head in the door when my wife was in the hospital battling cancer. And guess what they billed it as... "Office Visit", which unfortunately wasn't covered in my stupid insurance plan. I painfully became aware of how many things are coded "Office Visit" including chemotherapy treatments.

#33 ·
THis is what I do not get. You have people here defending a price tag of $128,000 for snake venom and yet those same people will whine like little bitch's to pay an honest bill for any thing else!

I had a Doctor in the shop after we fixed his BMW transmission. His bill was just over $4,000, the dealer had told him almost $8,000 for the same thing. He just could not believe it cost that much to have a "NON" professonal (I.E. not a Dr.) fix his $80,000 car!

I told him yeah it is rough. We were not practicing so we had to pay for our own fuck ups unlike him who could just keep charging for his mistakes.....

#36 ·
My opinion is that the people who don't have a problem with this are people that: A-make money from this shit in some way. B-Have always had great free insurance provided by there jobs and dont give a fuck what it costs when it's free. Or C- they have so much money that they dont give a FUCK about anything! Normal, struggling, work class folks will not defend the current health care!

#37 ·
I want to hold a doctor accountable for errors but the current malpractice situation is just silly. most pricing issues will not be dealt with while people belive they are entitled to "all" health care treatments.
most who have been in the hospital emergency room has seen lots of people there for small stuff or are there knowing they are not going to pay the bill but still complain on their cell phone while driving a nice late model vehicle.
If someone is having to make choices of how much food they can buy while working at their job I have no problem being charged extra for them. i hate hospitals ( businesses ) who charge me more to cover the costs of these fine upstanding people who collect government checks without contributing to the system

#41 ·
It's so expensive because of all the people that get medical help and never pay their bill. Then they end up loading it up on people with insurance or people that will find a way to pay.

It's like selling a car. If everyone pays, it costs $25,000. If 1/5 pay, now the fifth guy is stuck paying $125,000. That's a big reason why it works the way it does. And yes it's messed up but until we as a society decide that if you can't pay, you don't get help, that's what it's going to be like. Whatever happened to friends and family helping someone out in a time of need instead of forcing society as a whole to cover your costs? It's a shame.

#42 ·
This makes me want to get into the anti-venom business though. An ounce of that stuff could be worth a million bucks or something.

Who wants to be the guy to actually catch the snakes? I'll collect the checks! lol

#44 ·
NAPLES — A 6-year-old Golden Gates Estates boy bitten by a venomous coral snake lived to tell his story. But his story sheds light on a big problem for the next victim — a lack of antivenom.

There have been numerous reports that the company that bought the company that made the antivenom will stop making it.

It took 10 vials of antivenom to save the young child after being bitten by the snake. And those 10 vials wiped out half of the state's supply.

10 vials was half of the state's supply. I've got the idea for my next company thanks guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.