Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone every have to use it? Good fucking luck. I have to have braided line, and it has to be 14AN. Earls has a part number. No one stocks it. But they dont either so no biggie:smt076

·
RED ROCKET
8,630 Posts
you could go with industrial hose from a hydraulic store...they have all sizes,14an will have a standard size equivalent...and the sell jic fittings for the hose that is the same flare angle like the russel alum fittings.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i checked the local hydraulic ind place, they have a bunch of nylon/rubber type very high pressure stuff but nothing with a steel braid outer covering

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Because 7/8" is a bastard size. Just go to -16 and be done.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Because 7/8" is a bastard size. Just go to -16 and be done.
Not that easy. Have to change turbo drain flange nipple, and barb fitting in oil pan. 2.5 hours to get turbo off/on, have to pull steering rack and drain oil pan to get to and change barb... looking at trying to charge customer $600 dollars or something to do a oil drain line. That sucks

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
27,379 Posts
Not that easy. Have to change turbo drain flange nipple, and barb fitting in oil pan. 2.5 hours to get turbo off/on, have to pull steering rack and drain oil pan to get to and change barb... looking at trying to charge customer $600 dollars or something to do a oil drain line. That sucks
Cant you use a 300F/300psi push on hose?

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see Joel in here, thanks for the time, he said thats pretty much the unicorn of the braided hose industry. Time for plan C, or D or E it might be now.

·
I kill parts
10,146 Posts
-14 is a bastard size that was used on Ford, Case, and some JD industrial equipment back in the late 60's and into the 70's. I keep a couple male and female hose fittings here, but just for regular hydrualic hose and they're -14 fitting x -12 hose. - I see that size maybe once every two years.

Any reason you can't just run some -14 x -12 JIC reducers on each fitting and have the hose built as -12? Parker p# would be a 14-12 TRTXN-S, they would add roughly 1" to each fitting.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
-14 is a bastard size that was used on Ford, Case, and some JD industrial equipment back in the late 60's and into the 70's. I keep a couple male and female hose fittings here, but just for regular hydrualic hose and they're -14 fitting x -12 hose. - I see that size maybe once every two years.

Any reason you can't just run some -14 x -12 JIC reducers on each fitting and have the hose built as -12? Parker p# would be a 14-12 TRTXN-S, they would add roughly 1" to each fitting.
Its wasnt anything that would have helped. He had a 3/4" barb on each side of the turbo drain line and wanted to put a stainless hose on it with clamps.

·
I kill parts
10,146 Posts
Its wasnt anything that would have helped. He had a 3/4" barb on each side of the turbo drain line and wanted to put a stainless hose on it with clamps.
ahh, I see said the blind man. Wire braid + clamps is a big no-no.

I don't know of any hi-temp 7/8 oil hose, none-the-less something that will clamp on, and we're one of the largest industrial hose distributors in the southeast and source product from several hundred vendors.

Sucks to be the owner but whomever originally did that shit apparently didn't do it right, so now it needs to be re-done how it should have been in the first place.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
People use barbed fittings?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts