Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. ive got a dual stage big shot plate on a 383 23* sbc.

i started last week trying to do it with a holley blue in the back and it wouldnt work, it would just pop and run like shit when on the spray.

ive got a BG400 in the back now with 20lbs pressure going up front to a holley 12803 reg. with a .014 return jet. set at 5.5lbs. flowing. when i say flowing i mean flowing through the .102 fuel jet im using. i have
.093 n2o and a .102 fuel jet. (factory nos) for a 275 hp shot. timing is set at 35* and im pulling 9* on the spray to make 26* fuel is a mixture of 115 and 110 sunoco

the thing kinda surges and pops out the exhaust on the spray. i raised the fuel pressure and it seemed to make it worse. should i have the pressure less than 5.5?

also what if i changed my jets to .091 n2o and .093 fuel as i have them in the kit also?

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
102n/93f at 5.5 flowing thru the 73 jet and pull a bit more timing just to be on the same side. Use good fuel and atleast a 10 plug with that big of a shot.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Don't flow it through a .102 jet....it will be pig fat!!! Use a .073

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
No question you are way rich on fuel, WAY rich. Mine used to do that before I started researching on Yellow Bullet and found that the NOS jetting suggestions in the manual need to be thrown out the window. If you go 102n/93f, you will probably make way more than 275 hp. You may want to stay with 93n and go down to somewhere around an 85f jet and I'll bet you will be closer to the horsepower you are looking for. I agree with setting fuel pressure at 5.5 lbs flowing through a .73 jet. To really get it right you'll want to make a pass, shut motor off at the finish line, tow back and read your plugs. Lot's and lot's of posts on all this in here.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do both at the same time, swap jets (102n/93f) and 5.5 flowing through a 73 jet.

How much timing are you running??
its 35base pulling 9

i flowed it with a .073 @5.5 and 1000lbs took it down the road and all i got to say is thanks guys. this motha fucker hauls ass. im going to the track thursday and im going to play with the jets and make some passes and read the plugs. i just wanted to figure out what was going on so i didnt waist my time at the track. im going to go to jail if i keep going down the road. lol.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
May want to take a tad more timing out of it initially, can't hurt. Then creep up on it after you see where the timing mark is.

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
yeah that much spray I'd say knock it down to 25 or so on the timing. As for testing on the street gotta say I do the same thing. it's way more fun when you can go to the track and not troubleshoot.

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
yeah that much spray I'd say knock it down to 23 or so on the timing. As for testing on the street gotta say I do the same thing. it's way more fun when you can go to the track and not troubleshoot.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
its 35base pulling 9

i flowed it with a .073 @5.5 and 1000lbs took it down the road and all i got to say is thanks guys. this motha fucker hauls ass. im going to the track thursday and im going to play with the jets and make some passes and read the plugs. i just wanted to figure out what was going on so i didnt waist my time at the track. im going to go to jail if i keep going down the road. lol.
did you swap the jets around or square them up?

·
Addicted To Nitrous!
3,372 Posts
its 35base pulling 9

WAAAYYY too much timing. Pull atleast 13-15 from 35 with those jets.

You can always add it back to get the mark on the plug in the right spot, you cant add back to the pistons;)

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WAAAYYY too much timing. Pull atleast 13-15 from 35 with those jets.

You can always add it back to get the mark on the plug in the right spot, you cant add back to the pistons;)
really? pull more timing? and the other kit is a 325 shot. what about it?
first is supposed to be 275hp and the second is supposed to be 325hp i was thinking pull-9* for the first and 12* for the second. open for suggestions. what you think pull for the two?
right now it is not squared it is factory. i plan to square it after i make a few passes and see how it acts.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,613 Posts
You may not get to the second kit before you hurt it. Forget the NOS tunes. Don't know what you are running for a distributor or what you are using to pull timing with OR your compression ratio. Is this a nitrous-motor? Sounds like you want to throw 600hp of juice at it? You better have a LOT of duration and lift on the exhaust side..............

You may want to start off with .093N and .091F with 30 degrees base timing and maybe 20 total on the bottle. Run the base as low as you can and still do a burnout and stage.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Just to give you an idea of mine, I run an .083 nitrous jet and a .078 fuel in a single stage plate. On mine I pull 8, and 1 extra degree in #2 through the 7531. And that is what I have worked down to....I started a lot higher than that. I flow mine through a .073 jet at 5.4 lbs. It's a 14.5 to 1 415 small block.

If it were mine I would start at 14 or so and work my way down on the first stage. Or back initial down to 30 and pull 10 or so to start.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
NO NO NO guys. its 275 on one kit. it turns off and turns on the 2nd kit of 325. they are not on at the same time.!

·
Addicted To Nitrous!
3,372 Posts
With the jets you are planning on running 102n 93f your timing needs to be down to around 20 degrees. Just tune the one stage, once you get it tuned clean, if thats not enough, start on the bigger stage using the same principles you used to get the other clean (reverse jets and pull more timing).

You should be able to pull 20 degrees or so before rotor phase becomes a problem.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts