Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
DON'T LIFT - JUST SHIFT
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When to a local dealer to look at the new F-350's and got to look at the sticker price. WTF I got sticker shock, $63,599.95 I ask the guy If it came with a 28ft inclosed for that price. The guy told me it was a good price for the truck. I asked if he drove on and told me he couldn't afford one. What a fucken idiot. I told him if that was a good price then he must be making a shit load of cash for him to think that. My wife told me that I was crazy if I was gonna buy it. We could just buy another rental house for that price.

I ment f350 on the title

·
Registered
64 Posts
I agree! I went to look at a loaded F250 and what I got was a 67k price tag (lift and wheels) and it didn't even have navigation or a sunroof! I was like HELL NO! we walked out right then and there..

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I'd love a new diesel PU, but would have to buy used to justify using it for work. Before I'd buy a $60k pickup for towing the race trailer I'd buy a diesel motorhome and save the hotel $$$.

·
Registered
896 Posts
when we bought our 2003 GMC Duramax and paid 36k out the door for a LOADED, leather, bose, heated seats, etc etc I thought it was nuts. that was 7.5 years ago. I can NOT imagine paying 60K+ for a truck that effectly wont do anythign more, other than get worse fuel milage.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Ill take my 13yr old 140K mile 12V 2wd 2500 cummins any day over a new pile of plastic. Hard to beat over 20mpg on a old diesel. :)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
This one was a CC dually king ranch, you could buy a neighborhood in detroit for that kind of money

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
You think you have it bad there that same truck here in Canada is probably 80K and some change or more!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I heard they were priced like that to keep the casual buyer away. They figure if a man needs the truck to work with then he will buy it regaurdless of price. The thinking is alot of the 6.0's trouble came from people driving them like regular pick-ups. Thats just what I heard from a salesman not my opinion.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Yup, prices are retarded, my dad just bought an F350, I was scared to ask him what he paid for it.

·
time to go racing yet ?
35,160 Posts
I heard they were priced like that to keep the casual buyer away. They figure if a man needs the truck to work with then he will buy it regaurdless of price. The thinking is alot of the 6.0's trouble came from people driving them like regular pick-ups. Thats just what I heard from a salesman not my opinion.

id belive that

·
Registered
58 Posts
Also note: The diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) has to be topped off every oil change. $250.00 oil change for a $70,000 truck. THAT'S BS.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
From what ive been told, its never good to "short trip" a diesel. The people who take a cold engine, run up to the corner store, turn it off, then drive back home. Thats hards on them from what I understand. Dont remember the mechanical reason.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
dam...i looked at an 11 f350 lariet loaded and it was only 57,245.then it had rebates also.but i still went with an 09 gmc for 40,000...if i had to do it again i would buy the new ford.this 09 sucks.i had an 07 chevy old body style.much better built in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Also note: The diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) has to be topped off every oil change. $250.00 oil change for a $70,000 truck. THAT'S BS.
not true.

dealer oil change is $100 around here. cheaper if your know someone.

DEF is not $150

whats BS, is you spouting off lies and MIS-information.,

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
From what ive been told, its never good to "short trip" a diesel. The people who take a cold engine, run up to the corner store, turn it off, then drive back home. Thats hards on them from what I understand. Dont remember the mechanical reason.
my truck has the "pit stop" option. hit button on remote, pull the key out. truck keeps running. touch the brake and it shuts off, cant be stolen

·
Read Only
0 Posts
When to a local dealer to look at the new F-350's and got to look at the sticker price. WTF I got sticker shock, $63,599.95 I ask the guy If it came with a 28ft inclosed for that price. The guy told me it was a good price for the truck. I asked if he drove on and told me he couldn't afford one. What a fucken idiot. I told him if that was a good price then he must be making a shit load of cash for him to think that. My wife told me that I was crazy if I was gonna buy it. We could just buy another rental house for that price.

I ment f350 on the title
That's with every option you can get. I have 2 buddys that got there's 1 about 3 months ago and the other about a month ago and they both paid $53K. That right in line with What I paid + inflation for My 01 and 06. Their's are Lariats 4X4s CC LBs with Heated/Cooled seats sun roof, Everything but Navi.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts