Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Administrator
136,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’d like to first thank a ton of people. I am sure I will miss many of you but please know you are very much appreciated and this event could not be pulled off without each and every single one of you.

First I’d like to thank my wife Maria for putting up with me all year and easing me down when my stress level gets out of control. You are the best and never forget that!!

Thanks to Jim Halsey, Dave O’Donnell and the whole Cecil County crew. You guys bust your asses all year long to make sure you provide the ultimate venue for this event.

Thanks to all our sponsors for all your support of this event!! All of you collectively gave me a boat load of money to pass on to the racers and I am glad we were able to do so again this year despite the rain on Sunday.

Thanks to Debi and Shane Tucker , Joanna Cohen, Karri Beebe (and your friend), Joe Copson, Sean Ashe, David Mikho, The Fonse group for feeding us, Chad Hasselberger, Rob (ISELLSPEED), Ed Loutherback, Mark Samples, Keith Berry, Paul S and Team 68, Mo Hall, Richard Sexton, John Sears, Tyler Crossnoe, Jeff from Autoguide, The guy who stopped the punks from stealing our YB banner (sorry I didn’t catch your name but it was very cool of you to do) and many more that I am sure I am missing.

Thanks to all the racers and fans who travelled from as far as Australia to enjoy this event… or Rick who drive over 55 hours with his bad ass heavy street car just to be part of the show. I saw racers from Texas, Wyoming, Arizona, Florida and 28 other states!!

We finally got home last night and just getting settled in from this weekend. I read several posts on our ride home and agree with some and disagree with others.
This is an outlaw event and Cecil County provides the perfect venue for all of us to get that outlaw street racing feel at this track. This site has NEVER been your average site and this race will not be your average race. We are different than all the other events and that is what makes this event the best out there IMO!! Of course I’m bias but over 10,000 people and almost 570 racers seemed to agree this weekend.

We had several issues this weekend that Jim Halsey, Dave O and I have already discussed for improvements for next year. Below are a few things we will be doing.

Porta pottys - All were cleaned every day this past weekend except those the cleaner could not get to (Staging lanes, back fences, etc) due to traffic. We plan to set blocks of these in different areas that we believe we will have access to all weekend.

Staging lanes and return road – We will hire several people to keep these areas clear so racers can get back to their pit area as quick as possible.

Run order – This was a two part meeting.. One at the bar with racers then a meeting with Jim Monday.. LOL We have what we believe is a great run order for next year. We will finalize this when I fly back out there in a couple months after I get a few different ideas we need to implement.

Testing – Jim and I also talked about calling cars testing by groups or even by classes. We never imagined we’d have around 250 cars wanting to test on Thursday and even more on Friday.. Pretty crazy for sure.
There are many more things we discussed but like I said above I always meet with Jim a month or two after the event when both of our minds are cleared from the weekend and we have time to think of many different things and improvements for this event.

Thanks again to everyone who supported this event and even those who watched via Live Feed all weekend long to watch some of the baddest heads up racing in the world.. We set 3 national records this weekend. Mike Decker in Outlaw 10.5 with a 4.064, Nick Agostino Outlaw 10.5 Smallblock record with a 4.110 and Dewayne Mills in Pro Drag Radial with a 4.068…. And to think all these records were set in August!! Cecil County provided the ULTIMATE racing surface all weekend long!!

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
We enjoyed the hell out of it..Thanks again!

·
iron head clevelands
8,248 Posts
thank YOU Monty, this was my first time there and it will not be my last, great time , and even better racing

·
Registered
16,050 Posts
Thanks for all you do Monty & crew

·
slams revolving doors
3,881 Posts
Great job by all, and you have a good list of things to improve.
What was the spectator count on Saturday? The place was packed!

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,637 Posts
THANKS FOR THE LIVE FEED COVERAGE.....YEEHAW

·
Registered
518 Posts
thanks to you and everyone , the race was awesome and cant wait till next year.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I haven't missed one and don't plan on missing one race was bad ass just like it should be Thanks Monty,Jim and all involved GREAT JOB !!!!!

·
Capri For Sale
12,976 Posts
Thanks for putting on this event Monty. I hope it continues for years to come. It was bad ass no doubt.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts