Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a gas station about a 1/4 mile from our shop. Gas was 3.72 heading into work this morning, and 3.94 when I went out for lunch. Makes me glad I filled my truck up this weekend and I only need to fill it once a month, but this is pretty ridiculous.

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
We have a gas station about a 1/4 mile from our shop. Gas was 3.72 heading into work this morning, and 3.94 when I went out for lunch. Makes me glad I filled my truck up this weekend and I only need to fill it once a month, but this is pretty ridiculous.
Their excuse this time is hurricane ike.

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, even though they have known it was headed that direction for over a week now. And the price of oil went down today??

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
just wait till next week! The port of Houston has shut down!

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tell me again how that affects the price of gas that is in the tanker trucks that are already out on the road? On top of them taking forever to lower the price of gas vs. how quickly they raise it when oil prices go up, this is getting old.

Just out of curiosity, what was the average gas price the last time oil was around $100/barrel?

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Just got a call from a close friend whose uncle works for a major oil company. There are pipeline issues already in affected areas. REAL ones. Many/most of the trucks used to manually ship product are down, or parked in anticipation of the upcoming hurricane.

Fuel WILL go up tonight.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Tell me again how that affects the price of gas that is in the tanker trucks that are already out on the road? On top of them taking forever to lower the price of gas vs. how quickly they raise it when oil prices go up, this is getting old.

Just out of curiosity, what was the average gas price the last time oil was around $100/barrel?
was at 102. and change during the afternoon.

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts

3.25 a gallon.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Up .22 cents in 4 hours, it'll take 4 months for it to get back to that price, or more after this hurricane.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts

depending on the state/where it was $2.42-$2.65....

at $115.00 a barrel the national average was $2.71 this time last year.

source is/was Lou Dobbs/money line.

hurricane bullshit, the big oil are losing there ass's so they're keeping the gas were it was when the barrel of oil was up high because the americans were paying for it then and will now..

·
Registered
450 Posts
Sad as it is to say I would be ok with gas in the mid $2 range. but 3-4 is killing me and has deffinitly changed the way we do things. more so on me taking the hotrods out.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
With oil at around $100/barrel, we all hope and pray for fuel prices to drop accordingly
The sad reality is that prices will never drop to what we'd like and however much the prices do drop, you can bet your balls they won't drop quick.

If I woke up tomorrow and found gas prices at $2.70...I wouldn't know whether to shit or go blind!

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
depending on the state/where it was $2.42-$2.65....

at $115.00 a barrel the national average was $2.71 this time last year.
That is about what I remembered, but I wasn't 100% positive. The gas companies have figured out what the people will pay and are going whatever they can to keep the prices at that level. They do not care one bit that it is really putting a hurt on the national economy, all they care about is the bottom line and I think that is pretty sad. It should be a wakeup call for all of us to start looking into other ways to power our vehicles, or cut back our gas consumption.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts