Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Would you run anti-freeze at the track?

• Yes-- Im a douchebag and dont mind making the crew work while wasting everyone's time

Votes: 58 17.8%
  • No-- Why is this even being asked?

Votes: 267 82.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Peeing In Your Cheerios
8,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to see if I'm the only one who knows that its not ok...even if its not regularly checked.

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
Anti-freeze at the track is a quick way to get thrown out or possibly banned from a track.

It's a known rule that you have to have only water... I know a few places that won't even allowe water wetter in the cooling system anymore

·
Montgomery Ragland
3,016 Posts
No way! That stuff is harder to clean up than engine oil, and about three times as slick!
smells good when they are trying to burn it off..:rolleyes::partyman:

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
one question,

What about all the street cars? Are they allowed to have anti Freeze? I know most of them drive the car to the track and drive home...and some pretty fast cars too.

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,098 Posts
i dont even run it in my cruiser , only thing i have that has anti freeze is my truck and my motorhome . everything else uses water , and water wetter by redline

·
Montgomery Ragland
3,016 Posts
one question,

What about all the street cars? Are they allowed to have anti Freeze? I know most of them drive the car to the track and drive home...and some pretty fast cars too.
Thats just the shitty draw back to it... All the street cars can't be forced to drain and fill while at the track....so....whatever.. But a race car that has big ass 19ft wide slicks, 40ft wheelie bars, arrived in a stacker (you get the idea) should not, can not supposed to have antifrost, they should be straight water.

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
NEVER!!!,,,TLW.

·
Registered
758 Posts
where is the line drawn?

I know street cars faster than a bunch of race cars.
I guess it depends on where you live and if it gets cold enough to crack your shit up when daily driving it and it drops below freezing at night. The 6-9 second "street cars" probably aren't drivin when weather is that cold and kept inside. So they could probably run water without issue and should be.

·
Peeing In Your Cheerios
8,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I guess it depends on where you live and if it gets cold enough to crack your shit up when daily driving it and it drops below freezing at night. The 6-9 second "street cars" probably aren't drivin when weather is that cold and kept inside. So they could probably run water without issue and should be.
Lets Say April 30-May 1st.

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Not running it...Rich from Pinks said it's not okay and he is a drag racing icon ...LOL
:smt082:smt082:smt082

That's a 2 year ban from all PINKS events for putting antifreeze on my track. Do you have anything to say for yourself?

·
Montgomery Ragland
3,016 Posts
NO!!! Rich Christiansen will ban you for two years!!!!:p
I guess he must of slipped on some antifrost when he dumped the bike...Thats why he is so mad and ya get 2 yrs:)

1 - 20 of 86 Posts