Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Would you buy this salvagevtitle truck?

3K views 38 replies 36 participants last post by  schrader13 
#1 ·
#11 ·
Correct. Not an Allison. 6L90E

#13 ·
What are the 6spd autos bringing?

Id give 1000. Sell the trans for whatever it will bring. (1500-1800?) and sell the long block for 700 if it would sell for that. Scrap the rest for 450-600.

#21 ·
Whats wrong with it? Chevys are junk anyhow this will just save you the embarrassment of driving one....

#22 ·
I have rebuilt thousands of cars and trucks. Wouldn't touch that one. Parts only.

#29 ·
NO What are you looking to get from it, The frame is bent multiple ways it already has been picked through and if you were looking for the engine the oil fill cap is missing so who knows how much water has went down it also how many miles on it. frame is bent down behind cab so I would say trans is fucked so maybe the rear is good. And not you cannot just swap the vin plate as their are multiple spots it is located frame dash and all other parts so they can tell, not like the old days where it was on the dash or firewall 1 and done vin swap.

#30 ·
I bought a death truck once. It was a double fatality and only had 3400 miles. It was not worth it. I could not get my mechanic near it. None of my friends would help me with the disassembly. Laying under the dash in pools of rotting flesh and blood with bits of clothes. I found the remains of a shoe in the wiring harness. I had to throw away all my clothes. You could not pay me enough. UGGHHH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.