Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kit car almost 100% complete 34 ford coupe. Fresh 400, TH400 and 9" rear. Mustang II front end. Telescoping steering wheel. The whole 9 yards. Never even been painted. That is red gel coat! Been sitting for about 4 years in the guys garage (somebody a friend knows very well). It will need the carb rebuilt I am sure, needs exhaust, re prime oil system, check brakes over. Minor stuff like that. It ran good before he parked it. Been parked in an AC/heated garage. Car does not have 10 miles on it.

He wants $10K for it. What do you guys think? Would I be a fool not to buy it? I have always loved these cars. My dream car is a 40 or 41 willys but these are right up there with the Willys in my eyes.

·
Registered
15,681 Posts
If you like it buy it

·
I am The Dentist
50,953 Posts
It depends on what manufacturer the body is.

The grill looks a bit... "off" in its proportions.
The windshield is also screwy... the gasket holding it in isn't a fitted gasket, it looks like a universal gasket that's been bent around the corners.

Pull it out of the garage and stand back at least 40 feet and look at it long and hard.

-Brad

·
They call me HateTank
2,836 Posts
It depends on what manufacturer the body is.

The grill looks a bit... "off" in its proportions.
The windshield is also screwy... the gasket holding it in isn't a fitted gasket, it looks like a universal gasket that's been bent around the corners.

Pull it out of the garage and stand back at least 40 feet and look at it long and hard.

-Brad
Agreed.....could get it a little cheaper and do the repairs and finish work and make it a nice piece.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
For 10?! Ummm yeah I would snag it. The thing with street rods is if its done in a non trendy fashion you always get what you have in it.

My father has a 29 A coupe. Even a 327, baby cam and tunnel ram scoot real damn good.

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
If you like it buy it
X2.

If you like it & are considering it then you seem to think it is a good deal.

If you can afford it, buy it. Just make sure it is built properly. By the looks of the windshield it needs work.

I assume it is a fiberglass body? Check all the mounts to make sure they are not cracked.

Find out what kit it is(manufacturer) & research or post who they are to get feedback on quality & longevity. Also who built it. Was it a pro shop or home garage job?

Parts for it could be a PITA to acquire. Like the windshield wipers for instance. You will have to find out who makes the wiper arms & get the proper arm for it, etc. That is just the wiper arm. How are the tail lights? Do they match/work, still available? Little things like that can add up & become a bitch if they are messed up or missing.

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
Steel body car...without a doubt.

Not many people respect a Kit car,,,TLW

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I am thinking the same. Its very nice and def worth it but something..nit sure if grill or not but something is a little off but overall def worth it and to be honest if you think about it you would probably regret it if you pass it up.

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
My dad had a real 34 five window, no fenders jest a grill and a small block.

He sold it for 4000 $ , running back in 95.

I still give him shit about it,

I would trade my car for one any day.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
that looks like a street beast kit, they are junk. The stance is terrible, the fit and proportions of the whole car are junk. Sorry.

if it is a streetbeast google it.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
check to see if it.s a street beast kit ? place down in FL that tired to sell kit cars they looked ok if you never seen a steel 34 they had some problems. easy way to tell is the fenders running boads and back fenders were all one pice. look past skin deep on cars like this. it is what you do not see that cost $$ alot to fix and still you end up with a kit car that as a less then stellar past

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Well you have actually seen it and I really bet if you pass it up you will regret it . If anything you could make some money if you ended up not wanting it and it would be easy to sell.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts