Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can buy this 39,000 mile super clean 98 Cobra for 10,800 out the door. I've had alot of mustangs but they were all foxes. Is a 98 a good year for the 4V motor? It's a Romeo motor if that makes any difference. It's all stock except for the cold air and the FR500 wheels, the wheels are stamped Ford FR500 on the lip so I dont think they are knock offs. This is from a private seller not a car lot.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'll be honest with you. I'm gonna take a lot of flack for this but I too just bought a 98 Chrome yellow cobra with 82,000. It's pristine. No dings, a tiny chip of paint hear and there. But were talking tiny. It came with full exhaust bassani x and bassani catback. It's the car I've always wanted and I saw it one day at a Buick dealer. I paid the same price 10,800. Was it too high ? Probably a little. But I don't care, when you find something you like that's not a general car and you can't find 6 more of in your area, you pay the price. That car has really low miles and I wouldn't hesitate to pay that price. You can find them cheaper if they aren't yellow., I dunno why. But like I said if you really like it ,go for it. I love my yellow 98 and I'm finally happy that I have it. If I could have paid 9 for it that would have been great but what's a couple thousand dollars when it comes to something you really want. Chances are you will not find another one in your area let alone with such low mileage. My vote, GO FOR IT!

·
The Ricer
1,534 Posts
Looks like a nice car for the money.

Worth the money? That's a question you need to answer for yourself. :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been looking and have only found one other yellow 98 it had 68k on it and he was asking 12K. i'm gonna pull the trigger, it drives really nice and it super clean. It's the first 4V car i've ever driven and i was impressed by how good it ran.

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
VERY NICE CAR........AND I HATE YELLOW!!! ID BUY IT FOR THAT

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
probably replica wheels. Looks great in the photos. I would offer him $9000.

If you are looking for a yellow '98 Cobra here is one putting down 552 for $11,500. But if it is still for sale you could probably get if for less than the one you posted. Unless you are looking for a pretty much stock vehicle.
http://www.racingjunk.com/Mustang/2539596/completely-built-98-cobra.html

·
كافر
9,930 Posts
I'd rather buy a stock car...... Modified cars can be a headache later.

·
Tellin' it like it is
9,751 Posts
You can get a Mach 1 for that kind of money if you shop around, and it's a superior car in all aspects.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm gonna make an offer this afternoon and see what happens. I'll start low and see if he laughs in my face.... lol

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Dont forget to run a carfax....if it checks out clean, enjoy your new cobra :)

·
Registered
12,487 Posts
You can get a Mach 1 for that kind of money if you shop around, and it's a superior car in all aspects.

I dont think you can get a nice, clean and low mile 03 - 04 mach 1 for that kind of $... Maybe 14-15ish...

·
Registered
604 Posts
Yea no mach 1's here's for that price either. The 98 is a headache to power add. It has a stupid returnless style tank that limits fuel pump options and a dual voltage pump. I just went through all the info and ways to do it and decided against a vortech I was planning on buying. These motors are great, they do have the weak rods and pistons and are limited to 450/500 . After that is anybody's guess how long or short she lasts. And obviously he doesn't want a mach one cuz everyone knows the sn95 body is >....... Unless of course were talking 03/04 cobra but between those two its hard.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts