Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
That is a fresh killed deer and that was fast. Takes me about 30-45 mins to get that far and I've done dozens.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Piranha are faster and more thorough, just sayin' LOL

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Nice.

·
Registered
407 Posts
umm can i ask why you wouldnt field dress it first?
X2 I do that out in the woods. puck if Im draging them out to where i can get a vechile to them without field dressing them first. Thats a lot of unnecessary what to drag

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Here, the processors do it cheap. Its extra weight, but there are a lot of hunters here who couldnt field dress one if they had to.

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
Here, the processors do it cheap. Its extra weight, but there are a lot of hunters here who couldnt field dress one if they had to.
That's the FIRST thing my father showed me when I shot my first deer...... He showed me again on my second and third since it had been a year..... now he says I'm on my own. I said, OK... I might just need you to walk me threw it again.....

I think everyone should know how to do it

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
umm can i ask why you wouldnt field dress it first?

Some states and some counties won't allow you to field dress it due to some areas having cases of chronic wasting disease. Does nothing to the meat to harm humans...but it is easily transferred to other deer. In these areas you are required to check it in tact and take it directly to a processor. Not all areas are handling it this way, but some are. In some places the meat cannot leave the county until it has been processed.

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
What got wasted? Never saw anyone field dress one around here. Just throw it on the atv and head to the skinning rack. Besides, who wants gut piles all around your stand?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts