Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ANYONE ELSE EVER HAVE A PROBLEM WITH WORLD PRODUCTS STANDING BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT? HAVE A SBF ALUM BLOCK THAT THE SLEEVES WONT STAY ROUND IN, CANT KEEP IT SEALED UP BECAUSE THE BLOCK IS NOT PROPERLY MACHINED BEHIND THE SLEEVES. HAD IT TO TWO DIFFERENT SHOPS AND CONFIRMED THIS IS THE PROBLEM AND TALKED WITH THEM AND GOT A RGA # FROM THEM AND SHIPPED IT BACK TO THEM AND AFTER A MONTH AND SEVERAL CALLS LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE NOT GONNA MAKE IT RIGHT. THEIR TECH MAN PAUL SAYS IF IT WAS UP TO HIM HE WOULD REPLACE IT BUT THE COMPANY DOESNT DO THINGS LIKE HE WOULD. HE SEEMS TO WANT TO HELP BUT BILL JR OBVIOUSLY DOESNT CARE. ALL I WANTED WAS FOR IT TO BE FIXED. HAVE A LOT OF EXTRA MONEY, DYNO TIME, SHOP LABOR, AND GREIF BECAUSE OF THIS. VERY UPSET AND JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF THIS IS HOW THEY TREAT OTHERS? ANY INPUT WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS.

·
Registered
9,950 Posts
Sounds like pretty much the norm.....have heard of several people with problems like this, not to mention their aluminum sbc blocks breaking........

Just really " SUCKS "

·
Registered
738 Posts
Had a Motown SBC block that the mains cracked from the pan rail up to the cam tunnel.They said they had never sen it before,but I think it is well documented that it is a known problem.Even if they would have replaced the block I wouldn't have used it.I think their customer service leaves something to be desired.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I REALLY WISH I WOULD HAVE RESEARCHED THEM BEFORE I PURCHASES THIS. BOUGHT IT THRU A LOCAL SPEED SHOP THAT IS A DEALER FOR THEM, HE HAD ONE ON HIS STAND BUILDING IT FOR A HIGH HP TURBO APPLICATION AND IT REALLY LOOKED LIKE A GOOD PIECE SO WE BOUGHT ONE. HE IS TRYIN TO MAKE THEM TAKE CARE OF IT BUT NOT HAVING ANY LUCK EITHER. THE TURBO MOTOR IS NOT BEEN ON THE DYNO YET SO HE IS WORRIED NOW HOW ITS GONNA TURN OUT. ALL YOU GET IS THE RUN AROUND FROM THEM. QUITE A BIT OF MONEY TO SPEND FOR A PART THATS NO GOOD. ALSO HAD ONE CAM BRG THAT DIDNT FIT TIGHT ENOUGH THAT HAD TO BE DEALT WITH AND ONE OF THE MAIN STUDS BROKE WHILE BEING TORQUED AFTER ONE OF THE TEAR DOWNS. THANKS FOR THE INPUT GUYS.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I REALLY WISH I WOULD HAVE RESEARCHED THEM BEFORE I PURCHASES THIS. BOUGHT IT THRU A LOCAL SPEED SHOP THAT IS A DEALER FOR THEM, HE HAD ONE ON HIS STAND BUILDING IT FOR A HIGH HP TURBO APPLICATION AND IT REALLY LOOKED LIKE A GOOD PIECE SO WE BOUGHT ONE. HE IS TRYIN TO MAKE THEM TAKE CARE OF IT BUT NOT HAVING ANY LUCK EITHER. THE TURBO MOTOR IS NOT BEEN ON THE DYNO YET SO HE IS WORRIED NOW HOW ITS GONNA TURN OUT. ALL YOU GET IS THE RUN AROUND FROM THEM. QUITE A BIT OF MONEY TO SPEND FOR A PART THATS NO GOOD. ALSO HAD ONE CAM BRG THAT DIDNT FIT TIGHT ENOUGH THAT HAD TO BE DEALT WITH AND ONE OF THE MAIN STUDS BROKE WHILE BEING TORQUED AFTER ONE OF THE TEAR DOWNS. THANKS FOR THE INPUT GUYS.
I worked for World products and all i can say is Good luck with that!!:smt115

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
We tried doing business with world years ago but every time we found a problem with a lifter bore, cam tunnel we had to repair it out of pocket cause the would take their blocks back.

The last straw was when we bought a new block from world and it was filled with epoxy to the bottom of the freeze plug holes and they would not take it back, So we got the customer a new Dart block and sold the world block just under cost and the cusotmer new of the defect.

If you don't know world does not machine their own blocks they are machine at http://www.roi-1.com/

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Had a Motown SBC block that the mains cracked from the pan rail up to the cam tunnel.They said they had never sen it before,but I think it is well documented that it is a known problem.Even if they would have replaced the block I wouldn't have used it.I think their customer service leaves something to be desired.

Same thing happened to a local dirt track racer , They said sorry for the bad luck, we will sell you another one !!!! I would'nt put a world block in anything i owned.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
That's just sorry! I think I was have a lawyer look into this!!! You are talking about them ripping people off of $3K plus!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yes me have heard and have seen lot probs with world products crate motors ,thats why we just buy gmpp b/b recam ,intake ect run nitrous on em several seasons not a prob
victtor

·
Super Moderator
35,329 Posts
Ok, it's one thing to make a post describing a technical problem with a product and giving a long description of the events that occurred.

It's another for the thread to become a whipping post for the said company with people just coming on here making simple jabs and proclamations...

Thread closed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.