Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
found this on 3rd gen with a search .

This Motown intake is a very nice, high quality casting and a steal at $180.

Comparing the Motown intake and Edelbrock rails, the center to center for #1 to #3 and #5 to #7 are perfect. The center to center from #3 to #5 is off a little over 1/16”, but there’s more than enough wiggle room with the o-rings that the injectors fit without issue. If I hadn’t measured them I'm certain I wouldn’t have known there was any difference at all - they were no harder to seat than others I've installed.

Also worth noting is the Edelbrock signature on the rails is only on one side, so you can run them with the plain side out if you want.
Click the image to open in full size.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
So Mr Mitchell sold out ?

castings probably suck ass now ?
we used to cast the merlin bb chevy heads,Motown blocks,etc. at the now closed oberdorfer foundries in Syracuse...I worked there as a metal pattern maker doing engineering mods & core box repairs...I still run those syr. cast merlins on my bracket car...(pic in sig) i still have extra casting in my shop...production went overseas afterwards...there`s a guy here in north Syracuse, jim bersani ,that knows how to fix all them leaky Motown blocks:cool:
:cool:

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
My understanding is World product owns the STEEL part of what was formally owned by Bill Mitchell.

Bill Mitchell owns the aluminum side of the company. I know that applies to the BLOCKS but I am not sure about the intakes.

So Mr Mitchell sold out ?

castings probably suck ass now ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts