Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I bought a complete engine - TB to oil pan, all brand new and never run. It is built on the World Products Man O War block.

I'm trying to get my ducks in line and order some parts. I have the parts list of the build (it was built by a very well known shop) and it says they used a "hydraulic Roller Spider/Retrofit Kit- SB Ford PN 31-1000. (It apparently has a Comp Nitrous HP NX274HR cam)

My question is - given the architecture of the lifter valley in every picture I've been able to find, how the hell do you fit one of those spiders in there? I've been unable to find the Retrofit kit PN in a google search... I've yet to pull the intake and have a look - kind of afraid. Sure wanted to keep it sealed up until it is ready for the 8-71 blower. Anybody ever seen anything like this?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I used one of those blocks in a build last year. I used link bar lifters just because I already owned them, but I sure dont see anyway to use dog bones and a spider unless they make one specifically for there block.

Rick

·
Registered
210 Posts
I used one of those blocks in a build last year. I used link bar lifters just because I already owned them, but I sure dont see anyway to use dog bones and a spider unless they make one specifically for there block.

Rick
This x1000

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pulled the intake and glad I did. The lifters are Edelbrocks.

After seeing the total lack of sealing at the ends of the intake and rtv smeared all over the place, one timing chain cover bolt bottomed out (not tight against the cover), I have decided to go over the whole engine for peace of mind. This thing was supposed to come with a two year warranty - one of the reasons I bought it in our remote location. But honestly I cannot trust anything was assembled correctly at this point.

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
when there is THAT MUCH GAP, then the ends of the block should have a piece of aluminum bolted to in with flathead allens and then there is ONLY a 1/16 gap under the manifold in fact, most LEGIT sanctioning bodies will NOT allow a giant built up layer of sillycone or anything such as that....because if you burn out a ring or have a boosted setup..a buildup of sudden crankcase pressure or blowby will make the internal crankcase pressure so high that it will just blow out the thick layer of sillycone....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts