Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
SASQUATCH RACE TEAM
18,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok who here likes over time and who hates it?

me i fall into the overtime whore category. but for the life of me i cant understand why people cry like a 2 year old when they have to stay 30 mins or a hr late so i can finish my job. i can understand if its a salary person but when your getting paid by the hr why not stay and make 50% more per hr just to sit there?

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
One of the very few things I hate!

Work to live-not live to work,,,TLW

·
Registered
259 Posts
I don't mind the little overtime at the end of the day. I am just sick of working 6&7 days a week. I would love to be able to leave on Friday and not come back til Monday every week

·
Registered
11,168 Posts
Too much of anything is not a good thing. When you're forced to work it, or it's expected of you, then it becomes a burden.

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
ok who here likes over time and who hates it?

me i fall into the overtime whore category. but for the life of me i cant understand why people cry like a 2 year old when they have to stay 30 mins or a hr late so i can finish my job. i can understand if its a salary person but when your getting paid by the hr why not stay and make 50% more per hr just to sit there?

I love Overtime. with that being said, when im supposed to leave at 5, and i wanna leave at 5, and have no reason to stay will 530, get me the fuck out of there.

I remember when i was in sales we had to wait till everyone was done thier drawer. FUCKING BULLSHIT! i get punished cause the other 3 guys are fucking idiots and take 35 minutes to do what it too me 12-15?

·
Philippians 4:13
2,922 Posts
After working 7 12's for a few months I have come to hate overtime lol. Extra 10 hours a week and I'm fine with that

·
Banned...Four Times
40,200 Posts
Don't mind overtime at all unless I all ready had plans. My boss knows that if I turn down OT its because of previous plans.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I like to work overtime and really like doubletime! I usually work 1000 or more hours of overtime per year. It pays for my car hobby and vacation.

·
WHAT NOW ?
16,727 Posts
Self employed....the more hrs the better....bring it on!!

·
Registered
794 Posts
I am mixed in the middle. I have to work 58 hours a week. that is our work schedule. 6 days a week. and they want us there on sundays too. I am used to the hours, although I would love to just work monday through friday, I sure would miss all the extra money!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Be very happy you can make extra money. I couldn't buy overtime where I'm at. 40 hrs, not a minute of overtime. Happy to have 40, just want a little more at times.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I work an hour or so a day of overtime. When the economy took a shit they capped us to only 50 hrs. a week. It use to be unlimited so I would work 12 hours every day. Now it depends on how busy we get. I have been putting in a lot more time lately. I like to come in early instead of work late though. Starting next week I wont be able to. :mad:

·
SASQUATCH RACE TEAM
18,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like to work overtime and really like doubletime! I usually work 1000 or more hours of overtime per year. It pays for my car hobby and vacation.

haha same here. when business was good i averaged 1100 to 1200 hrs of over time a year. now its about half that. my fun money is a lot thinner than it used to be.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I can't turn it down ! Double time on saturdays! I usually do about 12 hours plus all the extra ours I rack up during the week!! I am up to 26gs in overtime for the year allready!! I love it!

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
Salary employee for the last 10-15 years, Usually get here 20-30 minutes early & work through lunch while eating (1 Hour lunch). I'd rather come in earlier if asked to work OT than stay later in the evening

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I work offshore & in the office planning wells when I'm not on a rig, I've only been home for like 2 weeks since the beginning of July. Right now I dont need the money, I need time with my family. I got home on thurs & got called today to go check out some equipment 4 hours away at the end of the week. :(

1 - 20 of 122 Posts