Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I think there is a temporary hold on all new drilling jobs until the oil spill disaster can be resolved. I hope it dont last long !!! My company was suppose to get a new contract in the next year or so and now, who knows what will happen. This BP deal will affect lots of people.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
My son works in the oil industry.they are sitting on their hands right now.
69RS..where are you are in Louisiana?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
My son works in the oil industry.they are sitting on their hands right now.
69RS..where are you are in Louisiana?
About midway between Monroe and Alexandria , I'm offshore right now. 135 miles south of New Orleans.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I haven't heard anything yet. My company has been trying to get a 14-14 contract with BP for almost 2 years now. I think that will be on hold for longer now. I'm supposed to be one of the guys going out there.

·
358 CI Nightmare
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I'm sure the spill in the gulf will put a big damper on things... But after it's over you can bet they'll be doing triple time to catch back up for all the down time... Thats why I was hoping to get some info on where to go and look. All the recruitment sites seem to be pay sites and it seems like a scam....

·
Registered
739 Posts
I work 7/7 for Stone Energy, it is going to be ruff for a while, but it will blow over just like everything else. We are working over several wells on our MC 109 platform, they have not stopped the work. The supply boat for that platform was the first on the scene to fight the fire. My little brother is in the West Delta field right now and they are making them wear respirators.

·
Registered
573 Posts
My boss's son is in the gulf capping the leaking well as I type. We also work for a drilling outfit. But our work is not affected. Bum deal this going down the way it is...

·
Registered
71 Posts
don't do it man I'm telling ya lol . I run tugs ( captain ) for crosby tugs and I can tell you this side of things are still slow too , work has picked up some since the spill ( we are helping with cleanup/prevention/etc. ) but besides that nothing too much to brag about .........

Wanna get a job in the oilfield ? take a fieldtrip down here ( south LA or houston ) and start throwing apps at every building you see , truth is they have millions of small random companys that deal out of here for the oilfield not just the big time guys like bp , shell , exxon etc.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Why not work land? The company i work for is going pretty damn good and are suppose to have 30 rigs in PA pretty soon. I work 14/14 out of east tx its pretty good

·
Registered
8,019 Posts
HOW MUCH DO YOU GUYS MAKE?
im a certified stick welder also. been a pipefitter for 17 years. i run crews and am always looking to move forward.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Why not work land? The company i work for is going pretty damn good and are suppose to have 30 rigs in PA pretty soon. I work 14/14 out of east tx its pretty good
Gotta be Nomac, Trinidad or H&P ? My son in law is a driller for H&P on land, he loves it.

·
358 CI Nightmare
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I just figured off shore was more money. I'd even go overseas if needed.

What company you work for? Will they be hiring??

Is there quite a pay difference from offsore to onshore?

·
Registered
543 Posts
I just figured off shore was more money. I'd even go overseas if needed.

What company you work for? Will they be hiring??

Is there quite a pay difference from offsore to onshore?
i work for Helmerich&payne drilling im sure they are always hiring they have online apps but it always better if you know someone. they have rigs starting up or should i say restarting up in mexico and one in byran and somewhere else. They are having a hard time finding mech for mexico cause of all the shit going on over there

1 - 20 of 23 Posts