Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This mostly pertains to Fragola at the moment, and terminology we use. I know it's different across brands and areas.

It's a work in progress, I'm adding each product line from each brand to it, then I'll group product types across brands for reference.

https://www.havocspeed.com/havoc-speeds-guide-to-an-hose-and-fittings/
What is it missing? What do I need to add? Is there anything incorrect?
Please feel free to share

·
Registered
16,267 Posts
This mostly pertains to Fragola at the moment, and terminology we use. I know it's different across brands and areas.

It's a work in progress, I'm adding each product line from each brand to it, then I'll group product types across brands for reference.

https://www.havocspeed.com/havoc-speeds-guide-to-an-hose-and-fittings/
What is it missing? What do I need to add? Is there anything incorrect?
Please feel free to share
Link not working for a NZ IP address. Later when I have time I will try again using US IP program. Once I get access I will give it a close look and provide feedback.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I didn't see AN to IF fittings. Common on brake lines and when adapting to factory fuel lines.

I actually use a 5/16 IF adapter with a factory Ford fuel filter on nitrous systems.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Link not working for a NZ IP address. Later when I have time I will try again using US IP program. Once I get access I will give it a close look and provide feedback.
Sorry, We geo IP filter. I'll adjust it for NZ. There are a few other countries we've had a lot of issues with the past couple of years.

*edit* Should be available in NZ now.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't see AN to IF fittings. Common on brake lines and when adapting to factory fuel lines.

I actually use a 5/16 IF adapter with a factory Ford fuel filter on nitrous systems.
There is mention of IF in the definitions section, and in the adapter example section about 40-50% of the way down the page. I will clarify and add to it with some more IF info, samples and cutaway descriptions. Thanks

·
The Phantom Machinist
1,916 Posts
Very informative and clear. Shit, I may have to print that off for reference.

One thing that Aeroquip had in their old catalog is a life size image of all the different sizes, fittings and hose.

·
Registered
16,267 Posts
Sorry, We geo IP filter. I'll adjust it for NZ. There are a few other countries we've had a lot of issues with the past couple of years.

*edit* Should be available in NZ now.
It looks real good. Lots of good information in one location.

Just a FYI - Here is a link to Easton (Aeroquip) adapters. Look up the virsil flare. It's a little known option for mating a steel tube to a AN Flare. It's easy to use and I've used them on several places on the car that has lasted years.

https://www.eaton.com/ecm/groups/public/@pub/@eaton/@japan/documents/content/pct_1504318.pdf

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very informative and clear. Shit, I may have to print that off for reference.

One thing that Aeroquip had in their old catalog is a life size image of all the different sizes, fittings and hose.
It would always be a different size depending on what device or monitor size you're using lol

It looks real good. Lots of good information in one location.

Just a FYI - Here is a link to Easton (Aeroquip) adapters. Look up the virsil flare. It's a little known option for mating a steel tube to a AN Flare. It's easy to use and I've used them on several places on the car that has lasted years.

https://www.eaton.com/ecm/groups/public/@pub/@eaton/@japan/documents/content/pct_1504318.pdf
Excellent info, I'll integrate some of that with some of their cut aways (credited to them) this weekend. Thank you.

Same deal in Australia.
Australia whitelisted, should be viewable now. Sorry. We get slammed by China, Russian and Nigerian bots, they also use neighboring countries IP's so we do some blanket blocking outside of the US.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Added a little more IF info. I'm going to do some cutaway's on actual fittings here at the shop this weekend, and update with some more examples. Also white listed a bunch of countries, so should be viewable

·
Registered
704 Posts
Nice work! I will save this.

The torque specs at the end was some what surprising to me. I will need to go through the car and check to see how close I got. Never had a issue with any coming loose or damaging the flare.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts