Yellow Bullet Forums banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Size helps. I have a WP 9 I think it is. Rated to 125 amps but I constantly go over it. Air cooled you can't do it as long. Now with the water cooler I do it all the time. I was at 200 amps last night welding rear end brackets for a few minutes.

·
Collecting dust
4,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
It's amazing what some practice and proper prep can do. I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of it.

It's a heck of lot more fun when it's going well!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Get off the net and back in the shop you are almost done and the welding looks good where you have the small knob on the 180 at .... They had some issues with them when they first come out i have had 2 of them good welders .

·
Collecting dust
4,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Get off the net and back in the shop you are almost done and the welding looks good where you have the small knob on the 180 at .... They had some issues with them when they first come out i have had 2 of them good welders .
Hey Phillip, I was there till after 11 last night working on it. That's why the post with the last picture was posted 12:28am LOL. The car isn't far from finished, but the engine is another story. I thought I would have it back 2 or three weeks ago, but I just found out they just ordered the exhaust valves and the rockers haven't been ordered, which means (obviously) the heads haven't been on the engine with rockers, so the pushrods haven't been ordered either. Now I'm not sure WHEN I will get it back, and I've still got to do the hot sides pipes from the headers to the turbos, mount the wastegates, and fabricate the new exhaust after I get it back. At this rate I'll be lucky if I'm making test hits by August. :smt076

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
cant wait to see it run . You see the pics of BB&T s car ? he sent one to me yesterday all the carbon parts are being painted I hope it pans out for them..... keep us posted on your build i hope to have mine back up next week are week after.

·
Collecting dust
4,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I forgot to post the finished product a few weeks back. Here's the merge after I completed it.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Looks good Scott!

·
Registered
49,338 Posts
CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN,good stainless wirebrush and a bit of laquer thinner to wipe the parts down goes a long long way !

61 - 69 of 69 Posts