Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A far bit off topic, but might be usefull to some of you. I recently came across a website called Shoebuy.com . I bought a fairly expensive belt from them for a very good price. It was real, not a knockoff, etc.
They then invited me to a private event, at which point I bought a fairly expensive watch from them, for a really good price. However, if you check around on their watches, they are not always selling for the list prices listed else where. i.e. some watches they are saying are regular $1000 on sale for $250, can also be found other places for around $250-$300. The one I bought I could not find for under $900 (regular was supposed to $1500 and a lot of sites were in that range), and I paid $450 for it. So pretty decent deal.
They carry some work boots, mostly designer shoes and stuff. Handy for us married guys though. They have all sorts of sales it seems. Below is a link that gives you $10 off, and if you buy something I eventually get a gift certificate. So far with my orders I think it is a pretty decent place to shop.
Here is the link:
http://shoebuy.popularmedia.net/click/share/f05566b7b23029b59c87958dc56b44ac

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ummm, out of curiosity, what does a watch that expensive do? Not being a smartass, just don't understand I guess
Looks good, LOL. After that nothing much that a $14.99 one does. But in my case, it turns my wife of 14 years into horny teenager again.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just checked out some boots I bought. Sears beats them and ships for free.
I never found my workboots on there, so wasnt sure. They ship for free as well though. I sadly miss Sears customer service, up here they have gone way down hill.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just checked out some boots I bought. Sears beats them and ships for free.
Actually thinking about that, that website has both a 100% price match guarantee, and free shipping too.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
ummm, out of curiosity, what does a watch that expensive do? Not being a smartass, just don't understand I guess
I've got a buddy that is possessed with big ass watches, I don't get it. But he was quoted by saying (it shows my status as a big shot, as soon as they see it). Now anyone who needs to be seen as the (big shot) and has to impress (they) needs more then a watch to boost his ego.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Something else I noticed, "Free Shipping Both Ways!" and Free Return Shipping.

That doesn't inspire confidence in a properly filled order to me.

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts
I have a friend who has at least a half dozen high dollar watches ($2-6K range). Part of it is bling/status factor, but majority of it is investment. High end watches are like fine jewelry and can go up in value.

He's made a pretty good chunk of change buying, selling, and trading watches.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts