Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
..Of the highest unemployment rate of 372 metro areas in the US!!!! :butthead:

We are only 18 from the top... I KNOW we can climb a few more rungs on the ladder, just a matter of time!! :party This area is what the Seinfeld show was to Jerry Seinfeld.. When asked what his show was about, Jerry replied, absolutely nothing, well this town/area is about absolutely nothing! :supz:

If you pulled California out of the running, we would be only about four outta number one, only to be beat by three other Florida areas, and one in Arizona.

For those of you that want to see where your area ranks..

US Bureau of labor Stats. *click here*

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
And you want to leave ?
I know, why would I want to leave such a wonderful place?? I must be regaining my sanity that I obviously lost when I moved here 6 years ago, or something.. :rolleyes:

One thing is, if I wanted to step down some, my options would be limited to only a handful of places in the country based on stats..

This area is called the "treasure coast", that is definitly an oxymoron..

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
no joke, Im sure:confused: my brother lives in Stuart, he and his wife have been wthout REAL jobs since they moved there 3 years ago from SoCal, good thing he's independently wealthy:smt103

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I moved from California to Florida. What a step up!
REALLY??? I moved from SoCal in the late 70's with my parents, worst move they ever made!! My family was very comfortable when we lived out there, parents had income property, dad had a great business, then we moved to Florida and life started to suck for us, what a shock that was!

I know a LOT of people who came down here from up north with money, now they have none and are now stuck here.. Florida is a big facade to a lot more people then anyone realizes.. The lure is palm trees and sun.. Florida is the second most transient state, second only to California..

no joke, Im sure:confused: my brother lives in Stuart, he and his wife have been wthout REAL jobs since they moved there 3 years ago from SoCal, good thing he's independently wealthy:smt103
Stuart is nice, it can lure you in, but not much going on for serious income, so you better come with money.. No 6 figure, professional jobs to be found around here, and declining blue collar decent paying jobs, as well.. Construction is all but over in the treasure coast, and the state of Florida has four of the top ten cities for foreclosures in the nation! Just a year ago St. Lucie County TOPPED the state for foreclosures, RealtyTrac had us at number 9 nationally last Jan., and ain't got better since..

All of my info comes from government numbers, or reputable sources, not dreamed up.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
For once someone has me beat in the shit category. I thought for sure that the D would have been better than 322. Congrats Eddie!

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For once someone has me beat in the shit category. I thought for sure that the D would have been better than 322. Congrats Eddie!
OH YEAH!!!! We got your ass beat!!! :party :rolleyes:

The day when I see this nothing of a place in my rear-view mirror for the last time in my life will be truly a day of celebration!! Now I gotta work on clearing out some of my 400 tons of extra shit I have to make that an easier possibility.. :smt081

·
Tire Waster
7,086 Posts
REALLY??? I moved from SoCal in the late 70's with my parents, worst move they ever made!! My family was very comfortable when we lived out there, parents had income property, dad had a great business, then we moved to Florida and life started to suck for us, what a shock that was!

I know a LOT of people who came down here from up north with money, now they have none and are now stuck here.. Florida is a big facade to a lot more people then anyone realizes.. The lure is palm trees and sun.. Florida is the second most transient state, second only to California..

Stuart is nice, it can lure you in, but not much going on for serious income, so you better come with money.. No 6 figure, professional jobs to be found around here, and declining blue collar decent paying jobs, as well.. Construction is all but over in the treasure coast, and the state of Florida has four of the top ten cities for foreclosures in the nation! Just a year ago St. Lucie County TOPPED the state for foreclosures, RealtyTrac had us at number 9 nationally last Jan., and ain't got better since..

All of my info comes from government numbers, or reputable sources, not dreamed up.
Eddie, California is seriously ruined from how you remember it. The goverment has destroyed any future it may have had. I no longer think it is possible to turn it around and it just kills me because I still have family there. I have great memories but that is all they are. I looked at a 1 bedroom/1 bath house with a carport that was one block away from where I grew up (Pismo Beach) and it was $1,000,000. OMG I can never go back.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Eddie, California is seriously ruined from how you remember it. The goverment has destroyed any future it may have had. I no longer think it is possible to turn it around and it just kills me because I still have family there. I have great memories but that is all they are. I looked at a 1 bedroom/1 bath house with a carport that was one block away from where I grew up (Pismo Beach) and it was $1,000,000. OMG I can never go back.
It really is sad, but the government, meaning the POS we elect, are ruining this country, it is not just Cali, that is just a microcosm.. The fleecing of America is in full swing!! All the politicians are in the back pockets of big business, and the banks.. We ARE fucked!! :smt022

The home that my parents owned in Cali was in W. Covina, beautiful huge home up a private 200 yard drive, they bought that for 100,000.00 back in the mid 70's, which was a chunk of change back then, at the peak of the real estate bubble, 30 years after they purchased that house, you probably couldn't touch that home for less then 2 million!!

·
draggin' ass
13,414 Posts
Ocala got you beet asshole! WOOOOO for us?! Three tenths at 14.6.

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
Elvis , just keep moving EAST , you'll be fine .......................let me know if you find Nemo ...........:smt082:smt082

1 - 20 of 33 Posts