Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 654 Posts

·
Registered
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOODBURN DRAGSTRIP has officially committed to a Summer Series for 1/8th mile Outlaw 10.5 for the next 3 years.

Woodburn Drag strip is having 3 races next year 2015 and four races each year following 2016-17..

Please help support WOODBURN DRAGSTRIP in this summer series,,,
the track is investing a great deal in this and us racers.
As well as other great sponsors.

The Outlaw 10.5 class will always be free entry to us racers and 3 free crew guys for each event.
I will have more news coming soon on payout rules etc.

I do know at first WOODBURN DRAGSTIP will probably start with a 8 car qualified field, unless of course they get enough cars for a 16 car field..
At this time full intention is of paying all the way down to the 1/4's

We are tentatively looking for more sponsors at this time.
Please contact me at 503 260 5593 if you would like to sponsor the Outlaw 10.5 Summer Series..

Schedule as of right now for 2015 is

APRIL tulip fest test and tune..
date not set yet.

rose festival race
JUNE 5-7

JULY 31- aug 2
night of fire

SEPT 26-27
fall classic..

so please mark your calendars and be ready for the 2015 outlaw 10.5 summer series ...

thanks greg hindman...

More great news to follow soon..
Again thank you Woodburn Dragstrip for investing in us Outlaw 10.5 Racers!!!!

·
Registered
592 Posts
WOODBURN DRAGSTRIP has officially committed to a Summer Series for 1/8th mile Outlaw 10.5 for the next 3 years.

Woodburn Drag strip is having 3 races next year 2015 and four races each year following 2016-17..

Please help support WOODBURN DRAGSTRIP in this summer series,,,
the track is investing a great deal in this and us racers.
As well as other great sponsors.

The Outlaw 10.5 class will always be free entry to us racers and 3 free crew guys for each event.
I will have more news coming soon on payout rules etc.

I do know at first WOODBURN DRAGSTIP will probably start with a 8 car qualified field, unless of course they get enough cars for a 16 car field..
At this time full intention is of paying all the way down to the 1/4's

We are tentatively looking for more sponsors at this time.
Please contact me at 503 260 5593 if you would like to sponsor the Outlaw 10.5 Summer Series..

Schedule as of right now for 2015 is

APRIL tulip fest test and tune..
date not set yet.

rose festival race
JUNE 5-7

JULY 31- aug 2
night of fire

SEPT 26-27
fall classic..

so please mark your calendars and be ready for the 2015 outlaw 10.5 summer series ...

thanks greg hindman...

More great news to follow soon..
Again thank you Woodburn Dragstrip for investing in us Outlaw 10.5 Racers!!!!
Awsome Greg and Woodburn Raceway. We're looking forward to supporting this race again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Excellent work greg! Thanks jim, jay,and joey for stepping up and supporting us. Woodburn dragstrip is the best place in my opinion to have this series! It's a very smoothly ran track with few set backs and great owners! Triangle L Trucking will be there to support.

Thanks again greg and Whitney

Justin maine

·
Reality Rules
2,951 Posts
Why only 1/8th mile? Some outlaw 10.5 rule?

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Awesome news, finally a track in the NW that is willing to get behind some local heads up racing!

Thanks Joey and Jay!
I"m trying really hard to understand this statement. Is this about free entry? Because there have been multiple heads up races at both Pacific and Mission for several years now. They have been behind the local heads up racers and continue to do so. You won $10,000 at Mission! Is that not supporting O/L 10.5? And both of the tracks I've mentioned have heads up racing on their 2015 schedules already.

Best of luck to Woodburn on their O/L series!

·
Registered
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I"m trying really hard to understand this statement. Is this about free entry? Because there have been multiple heads up races at both Pacific and Mission for several years now. They have been behind the local heads up racers and continue to do so. You won $10,000 at Mission! Is that not supporting O/L 10.5? And both of the tracks I've mentioned have heads up racing on their 2015 schedules already.

Best of luck to Woodburn on their O/L series!
I think the key word is local..
Like Portland metropolitan area..
This is the biggest thing a "local"
Track has done around here in along time for a specific heads up class..
Woodburn is not only giving free entry and crew , they are investing 10's of thousands of dollars in this for the purse...

I don't think anyone is knocking mission or Seattle.
In fact what mission is doing with doorwarz is phenomenal!!!!

Unfortunately in the pacific nw we have become a custom to a track that's 3-6hrs away is local...

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Mike & Yvonne you guys read way to much into my post! :rolleyes:
It was not meant to be negative in any way towards any other track! I hope everybody has a great 2015.
Greg hit the nail on the head with his post above.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Thanks greg and woodburn for giving me a reason to finish car. As for other races lets keep this thread about woodburn and this series . Other races can start there own thread. This is a awesome chance to get 10.5 going in the Portland/wash area while still keeping cali cars a possibility . I have hoped for this for the last 10 years tried at PIR for many but gave up
later wally

·
Registered
863 Posts
Its not always about the money especially when it's peanuts compared to what we spend to play,Seattle has always welcomed our cars and Woodburn both good places Mike was just stating the facts about other races, the post did come across wrong and was corrected, but from what I have seen for the past years people say this and that and don't show every year its the same shit and the same people show up every year ,we might be getting in over our heads if all these events in the woodwork and the ones announced happen.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Nice thread hijack. Seattle has never put money into any heads up race.
I never claimed Pacific put up money. We've managed to put up money at several races including $11K worth at Bad Dog Shootouts. People keep complaining there's no place to race so I was simply stating that there ARE places to race that have OL 10.5. No thread hi-jack at all. We have continued to support the heads-up race community by providing a venue to race for everyone. Why do people take that as a negative?

1 - 20 of 654 Posts