Yellow Bullet Forums banner

WOO.....Late Model Series

3K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Trbulnc 
#1 ·
Hit the local dirt track for a WOO late model race for 10k to win last night. The track surface was pretty much one groove other than when the leaders came upon lapped cars.
Just wondering if anyone else follows this series. Other than about a dozen "hitters" that have their stuff together I didn't seem to get all the big hoop de doo WOO hype.

#5 ·
******* circle-jerk shit! :p

#9 ·
Just saying that I'd wished for more top cars such as Bloomquist, Owens , the Lucas house car etc to show-up is all. Sure the top runners in the WOO series finished in the front but it seemed to be if whoever started at the front is where the finished.
I'm not a ******* circle jerk.
I like to watch a good race.
Last night wasn't a good race. Just wondering if thats the normal when the WOO comes into your local town?

#18 ·
Just saying that I'd wished for more top cars such as Bloomquist, Owens , the Lucas house car etc to show-up is all. Sure the top runners in the WOO series finished in the front but it seemed to be if whoever started at the front is where the finished.
I'm not a ******* circle jerk.
I like to watch a good race.
Last night wasn't a good race. Just wondering if thats the normal when the WOO comes into your local town?
tater as we all know dirt is dirt its just a gamble some nights are perfect for racing some nights its one lane some night multi groove so many factors go into track prep to much water not enough water get it to wet then it ruts up get it to dry then it 1 lanes also the WOO and LUCAS series only allowed to run hoosiers ( the purple mafia)
hoosiers tires lay more rubber than other tires such as good year ,American racers, when a tire lays rubber it wears the tire out faster the faster it wears the more rubber build up then the track becomes 1 lane but not in all races does laying rubber happen so many dirt races are won by choosing the proper tire compound im assuming you went to Winchester va most the time that track is great multi groove .hope this helped if not I tried,lol as I traveled all across America from 1990 til 2001 as a team transporter driver and crew member.BTW reason say purple mafia they rule the dirt late models tires been a few tire wars but they always win the battle.:-damnit

#16 · (Edited)
I was at the " Bullring" in Grand Forks on firday for the WoO Sprint Car race.
Anyone who thinks these guys are pussy's, watch this.

3/10th mile track, 9.26 seconds at over an average of 116mph.

#19 ·
Been to Irwindale a couple of times. I will only be heading back there this November to watch the King of the West Winged Sprint cars. Should be a great race and you will probably see a new track record. Right now a Supermodified has it, but a winged 410" Sprint car will probably break it. I'd rather see a Dirt Late Model race any day over a pavement deal. Of course I am a little biased as we run a Super Dirt Late Model here on the West Coast! LOL

#20 ·
Yea ! not only did I follow but work on and drove my friends cars. He kept two going Modified and late model. I drove the modified many times. late model only a few times. Both were top notch cars. Use to love it. He was way better than me. Are area had quite a few good drivers.

#21 ·
By this time of the year alot of guys have fallen off the tour. Many teams start the year running for series points and then make a decision by summer whether or not it's worth it depending on their position. Some of the guys you mentioned are Lucas Oil LDS regulars not WOO. The best shows are usually the larger purse events. 20k or more to win those races usually get all the regulars from all of the series in one place at one time.

#22 ·
Owens and Bloomer are Lucas regulars and will only run woo if it's a large payout event or there is nothing else going on. Quite a few teams have fallen off the tour by this time of the year also.

One small point i would like to make in regards to some on here referring to them as circle junk. An average mid tear team that follows one of the national touring dirt late model series is about 40 years ahead of the overwhelming majority of drag racing teams in terms of suspension technology and uderstanding of chassis dynamics

#23 ·
Grew up watching them and crewing on one for several years. Got to work with several legends of the sport who taught me more about suspension, tires, and tuning then anyone. That series got so expensive to run that many guys have dropped back down to crate stuff to keep the cost down.

Don't think people know how much money and skill it takes to run one of these and what a well built engine will cost. Some of those guys don't think twice about dropping 50-60k in a motor and have a spare in the hauler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.