Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the local dirt track for a WOO late model race for 10k to win last night. The track surface was pretty much one groove other than when the leaders came upon lapped cars.
Just wondering if anyone else follows this series. Other than about a dozen "hitters" that have their stuff together I didn't seem to get all the big hoop de doo WOO hype.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,097 Posts
A VIDEO WOULD'VE BEEN COOL...YOU PHUCKIN HILLBLLY :)

·
TEAM CARB
45,344 Posts
Hit the local dirt track for a WOO late model race for 10k to win last night. The track surface was pretty much one groove other than when the leaders came upon lapped cars.
Just wondering if anyone else follows this series. Other than about a dozen "hitters" that have their stuff together I didn't seem to get all the big hoop de doo WOO hype.
Waiting for "the big one" were you?

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
******* circle-jerk shit! :p

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just saying that I'd wished for more top cars such as Bloomquist, Owens , the Lucas house car etc to show-up is all. Sure the top runners in the WOO series finished in the front but it seemed to be if whoever started at the front is where the finished.
I'm not a ******* circle jerk.
I like to watch a good race.
Last night wasn't a good race. Just wondering if thats the normal when the WOO comes into your local town?

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
I'm guessing you couldn't hang!! Guessing you don't have the ball's either!
No balls huh?

Let's see you cut the wheel to the left on a drag car. ;)

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those are sprints not late models!! Either way they are both a rush!!
Agreed, I work with a guy whose brother-in-law owns a sprint car that runs at Williams Grove. They've gotten a few wins this year. Ungodly $ to run an operation like that even on the local level!

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
Holy shit.....LOL
I didn't even notice that! Sorry!
Don't worry about it. All circle-jerk racing has 2 things in common......

Budweiser and..............

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
I was at the " Bullring" in Grand Forks on firday for the WoO Sprint Car race.
Anyone who thinks these guys are pussy's, watch this.

3/10th mile track, 9.26 seconds at over an average of 116mph.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Went to a late model and South West Tour race last night at Irwindale. 33 Late models 75 lap race was so so but the SWT 100 lap race was off the hook to the very last lap.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Just saying that I'd wished for more top cars such as Bloomquist, Owens , the Lucas house car etc to show-up is all. Sure the top runners in the WOO series finished in the front but it seemed to be if whoever started at the front is where the finished.
I'm not a ******* circle jerk.
I like to watch a good race.
Last night wasn't a good race. Just wondering if thats the normal when the WOO comes into your local town?
tater as we all know dirt is dirt its just a gamble some nights are perfect for racing some nights its one lane some night multi groove so many factors go into track prep to much water not enough water get it to wet then it ruts up get it to dry then it 1 lanes also the WOO and LUCAS series only allowed to run hoosiers ( the purple mafia)
hoosiers tires lay more rubber than other tires such as good year ,American racers, when a tire lays rubber it wears the tire out faster the faster it wears the more rubber build up then the track becomes 1 lane but not in all races does laying rubber happen so many dirt races are won by choosing the proper tire compound im assuming you went to Winchester va most the time that track is great multi groove .hope this helped if not I tried,lol as I traveled all across America from 1990 til 2001 as a team transporter driver and crew member.BTW reason say purple mafia they rule the dirt late models tires been a few tire wars but they always win the battle.:-damnit

·
Registered
267 Posts
Been to Irwindale a couple of times. I will only be heading back there this November to watch the King of the West Winged Sprint cars. Should be a great race and you will probably see a new track record. Right now a Supermodified has it, but a winged 410" Sprint car will probably break it. I'd rather see a Dirt Late Model race any day over a pavement deal. Of course I am a little biased as we run a Super Dirt Late Model here on the West Coast! LOL

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Yea ! not only did I follow but work on and drove my friends cars. He kept two going Modified and late model. I drove the modified many times. late model only a few times. Both were top notch cars. Use to love it. He was way better than me. Are area had quite a few good drivers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts