Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a belt drive on my BBC this year who's is the best. I neaver used one before and I was thinking of trying jessel.I do put at least 2k miles a year on this car. Thanks Glenn

·
God's servant Romans 13:4
6,798 Posts
Danny Bee

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Xceldyne 30mm is the best!

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
CV Products, Xceldyne, work very well.

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
Hey Glenn how's it going up there? There have been a couple of posts just like yours on here with pages of answers and reasonings. Not to be a smart ass but hit the search button and you might find immediate answers to your question without having to wait or hoping that the same guys that replied before chime in again. Just an idea. Just food for thought I don't put as many miles as you on the car anymore but I successfully ran a Comp belt for years and now run a Jesel unit as well as the front mount distributor.
If you need any Jesel pricing let me know.
Marc

·
Registered
116 Posts
Have used Jesel for years - no problems - simplistic - user friendly - lots of history...doubt you can worng with them! JMO

·
Banned
9,912 Posts
Xceldyne 30mm is the best!
This man would know......for sure.....;)

I will say this, I will take a Xceldyne anyday over the jesel

way nicer unit, and even LESS $$$ than the jesel

Just got one for a BBC build, and also put one on a small block

NICE.......NICE...........NICE ...............PIECE :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
This man would know......for sure.....;)

I will say this, I will take a Xceldyne anyday over the jesel

way nicer unit, and even LESS $$$ than the jesel

Just got one for a BBC build, and also put one on a small block

NICE.......NICE...........NICE ...............PIECE :)
Just curious, what is it that you like better about the Xceldyne? Is it just that it is more durable, ease of adjustment, better built, all of the above, etc? Comp Cams is supposed to have something that makes the camshaft end play easier to set, is the Xceldyne similar in that respect?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Just curious, what is it that you like better about the Xceldyne? Is it just that it is more durable, ease of adjustment, better built, all of the above, etc? Comp Cams is supposed to have something that makes the camshaft end play easier to set, is the Xceldyne similar in that respect?
All the above and they use ceramic ball bearings instead of the torrington bearing. Top notch!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys for the good input I'm thinking jessel or xceldyne but I'm leaning torwards the xceldyne.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Glenn how's it going up there? There have been a couple of posts just like yours on here with pages of answers and reasonings. Not to be a smart ass but hit the search button and you might find immediate answers to your question without having to wait or hoping that the same guys that replied before chime in again. Just an idea. Just food for thought I don't put as many miles as you on the car anymore but I successfully ran a Comp belt for years and now run a Jesel unit as well as the front mount distributor.
If you need any Jesel pricing let me know.
Marc
Hi Marc thanks for help I will get a hold a you for sure if I go with the jessel. If not I'll see you at super chevy.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I've got a Jesel on my 555". I did a 2500 mile road trip with it last summer and a lot of street driving and dyno racing inbetween and it's been fine without a leak or a drip.

JIM

1 - 15 of 15 Posts